Android Question Search for images

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by tsteward, Apr 18, 2019.

1. tsteward

tsteward Active Member Licensed User

I want to write a program where a customer can take a photo of a garage remote control and search a database for that remote to get programming instructions and information like alternate compatible remotes etc.

Any ideas of how to search and match an image or am I barking mad.
    I'm no wizz programmer so might be aiming out of my ability, still its an idea I have so any suggestions/help welcome.

2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

Sounds like a very difficult task. If you can add a barcode or qr code to the remote controls then it will be easier. Or try to find text using an OCR service.

3. tsteward

tsteward Active Member Licensed User

Yeah see in the attached image the remote on the left can be used in place of/is compatible with all the remotes on the right.
    I want my users to easily locate the image of their remote on the right so they can sell or purchase the correct remote on the left.

Perhaps I need to make a question list to help narrow the choices such as button qty etc.

Capture.JPG

4. Brandsum

Brandsum Active Member Licensed User

In order for a machine to actually view the world like people or animals do, it relies on computer vision and image recognition. Computer vision is what powers a bar code scanner’s ability to “see” a bunch of stripes in a UPC. It’s also how Apple’s Face ID can tell whether a face its camera is looking at is yours. Basically, whenever a machine processes raw visual input such as a JPEG file or a camera feed it’s using computer vision to understand what it’s seeing.

An AI needs training just like children do. If you show a child a number or letter enough times, it’ll learn to recognize that number.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice