Android Question Server-side events support

Acuario

Licensed User
Longtime User
I see that there is a library for Websocket support but is there support for Server-side events in B4A?
In the ESP8266 world the 'improved' MQTT server (PangolinMQTT) uses a version of the ESPAsyncWebServer that no longer supports Websockets, only Server-side events.
As I want to develop an app for local use for configuring a server (my remote app uses MQTT) I'm stuck with HTTP if there is no support (unless there are any other suggestions of communication protocol).

Acuario

Licensed User
Longtime User
To use MQTT I would need to run a broker somewhere or have internet connectivity to connect to a remote broker.
Basically I have a standalone, non-internet connected ESP8266 running as an access point with a web server. I want to connect to it and configure it with an app.

Upvote 0

Gandalf

Licensed User
Longtime User
I had the similar task to configure ESP8266 without Internet access, directly connecting via phone with app. I used Network library, regular socket, and AsyncStreamText module at Android side. On ESP8266 there's WiFiServer and WiFiClient. It works as clear text protocol like Telnet. Later I have added web interface on ESP8266 using other port number, but found chip performance unsatisfactory for it - so I still use the first method of configuration.

Upvote 0