B4J Tutorial [Server] Upload files from your B4A app to your B4J server over the internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hard to say. Something is misconfigured in your network configuration.

Yes, I understand that it is impossible for you to help me in this case.

However, I receive an error warning message from the server B4j. However, it responds using 127...

2014-07-24 07:39:12.578:WARNejh.MimeTypes:main: java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle for base name org/eclipse/jetty/http/encoding, locale it_IT

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You should be able to access your local server from the browser. Start with 127.0.0.1. If it works then try your external ip address. If it doesn't work then your router / firewall are misconfigured.

Yes, these are the steps that you wrote in the first post and I have tried.

So, I have successfully used 127.0.0.1 (localhost) but it does not work using the WAN address of the router, even though the port is open and calls directed to this port are sent to the computer which the server is installed and despite outside of my local network it is accessible.

However, I solve using the fixed address of the server pc for my tests (from mobile clients).

Thanks Erel

Giacomo Cuciniello

Licensed User
Longtime User
there is a way to use variables or function declared in Main (in fileserver program) in the "class module" "Upload"?
it seem to see only variables declared in in class module.
Thanks for help

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If I understood well (better in Italian ) you want to call Main's routines from the Upload class?

If so, it probably is not the best choice. Equally probably... just try it (it should be possible, i'll try it soon. Surely it is possible using CallSubDelayed)

[P.S. Tried. It's possible]

Last edited:

Giacomo Cuciniello

Licensed User
Longtime User
thank you for your quick answer.
I need to read the value of a variable that is modified in the main inside the handler module so that I can send this value to the client.
(devo vedere il valore di una variabile del main per inviarlo al client tramite l'handler ma l'handler vedere solo le variabili locali e non ha accesso alle variabili del main).(callsubdelayed mi consente di ricevere il risultato della sub?)
I hope it is more clear now.
thanks for your help

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You could declare the variable as public global in the main or call a function of the main and get the result.

Puoi semplilcemente dichiara una variabile pubblica globale nel Main e leggerla da qualunque altro modulo oppure richiarmare una funzione scritta nel Main (senza usare CallSubDelayed, semplicemente il nome della funzione).

Giacomo Cuciniello

Licensed User
Longtime User
I already tried this way but the editor and the compiler don't recognize the variable in the module.
I think that I solved using "Main." before variable name.
(Sero di aver risolto aggiungendo Main. prima del nome della variabile nel modulo handler, lo sto testando)
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…