Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel and all

i found this code to share Text & Image with Whatsapp:

B4X:
Dim i As Intent
i.Initialize(i.ACTION_SEND, "")
i.SetType("*/*")
i.PutExtra("android.intent.extra.TEXT", "This is the text")
Dim u As Uri
u.Parse("file://" & File.Combine(File.DirRootExternal, "xxxx.jpg")) '<-- change to a valid image file
i.PutExtra("android.intent.extra.STREAM", u)

and this dont work, i try also this code ( library MESShare ):

B4X:
'        'Condividi  
'       Dim share As MESShareLibrary
        File.Copy(File.DirAssets, file_share, File.DirRootExternal, "nails_pro.jpg")
        share.sharebinary ("file://" & File.DirRootExternal & "/xxxx.jpg", "image/jpg", "Send to XXX", "Do you like ?")

Share imagine but no Text.

Any idea to share both ( Imagine and Text ) with intent or library ???
Thank you
Marco

MarcoRome

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Until time ago it was not possible but the version 2.11.399 is possible send image with caption.

On android "whatsapp messenger" version 2.11.399 (Sep 30, 2014) it is possible to add a caption(textual decription) to a shared image.

the problem is... that i dont see nothing again as documentation. This question about another site is pending since 5 october

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/...to-image-on-new-whatsapp-ver-2-11-399-android

Any idea ?
Thank you anyway

Upvote 0

ibra939

Licensed User
Longtime User
Until time ago it was not possible but the version 2.11.399 is possible send image with caption.

On android "whatsapp messenger" version 2.11.399 (Sep 30, 2014) it is possible to add a caption(textual decription) to a shared image.

the problem is... that i dont see nothing again as documentation. This question about another site is pending since 5 october

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/...to-image-on-new-whatsapp-ver-2-11-399-android

Any idea ?
Thank you anyway
Find a Java code snippet that does it and we will help you to port it to B4A.

Earl the same question i search for how i can share to whatapp or other app ?

Upvote 0

ibra939

Licensed User
Longtime User
no replay ?

Upvote 0

scsjc

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,
it's possible a direct intent or javacode(for b4x) to send a image to whatsapp ???? (without librarys)

Last edited:
Upvote 0