B4J Question Shared modules ?

wl

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I'm creating a server and client application that have some modules/classes in common.

I initially intended to create a single project, but a lack of folder structure would make it very difficult to maintain.

I then had the idea of creating 2 separate projects that share some modules. There is a possibility to specify a shared folder in B4J but sharing would only be needed for those two projects and not all projects, so this would not seem the best solution.
EDIT: this only works for code modules and not for classes ?

I'm only thinking of symlinks in Windows, but that seems too farfetched ?
I also tried simple shortcuts: this is simpler and mostly works but for some very strange reason B4J failed to load one specific shortcut which did not contain any errors ...

Any suggestions on how to properly deal with this kind of situation ? Unfortunately really missing folder structures support in projects ..

Thanks

Last edited:

wl

Licensed User
Longtime User
I must have done something wrong then...

Anyway: I'm happy in using Windows symlinks: in that way I can use the same file in different projects but just have 1 physical file.
The only thing I need to pay extra attention to is SVN: it doesn't like symlinks, so I must ignore them one by one.

Upvote 0