B4A Library Side swipe sliding menu library

Ferbis

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Peter, I have been trying to make it work these last days but witout any success. Could you please give me a hint?
Thanks in advance

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Just delete folder "value-v21" in "\res". It worked for me.

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
I noticed a problem with this lib. On Android 5.0, all button view will float over the side menu even you send the button to back. The problem only appears with button view and Android 5.0. It works great on Android 4.1.2 and all other views.

Ferbis

Licensed User
Longtime User
@susu, I just realized that I dind't say thank you for sharing your discover

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!!

rudystyle

Licensed User
Longtime User
Its a great library. However in Android 5.0+ , the menu is behind the button. Could anyone get the solution?

Devv

Licensed User
Longtime User
res\values-v21\theme.xml:4: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name '@android:style/Theme.Material.Light.DarkActionBar'.
res\values-v21\theme.xml:9: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorAccent'.
res\values-v21\theme.xml:7: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorPrimary'.
res\values-v21\theme.xml:8: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorPrimaryDark'.

R0BERT0

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm testing then example of library in b4a 6.8
But the example crash in this line..

I'm using:
ICSCONTROL 1.0
ANIMATIONPLUS 2.3

Any idea?
thanks.

R0BERT0

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for reply.

the example crash in this line
SlidingMenu.AddItem("Item 1", LoadBitmap(File.DirAssets, "7-location-web-site.png"), 1)

This is the error message.

java.lang.RuntimeException: Array not expected...

I'm updating one app with this library... Is easier to me use the same library.

Tirecs

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Peter,
I use your library in my app and today I downloaded the new version of B4A (7.01). Compiling works fine, but if I want to run my app on my mobile phone the app always crashes when the app tries to create the menu with this message:

B4X:
Logger connected to:  samsung SM-G935F
--------- beginning of main
** Activity (main) Create, isFirst = true **
main_buildmenu (java line: 411)
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: No virtual method AddTwoLinesAndBitmap2(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Landroid/graphics/Bitmap;Ljava/lang/Object;)V in class Lanywheresoftware/b4a/objects/ListViewWrapper; or its super classes (declaration of 'anywheresoftware.b4a.objects.ListViewWrapper' appears in /data/app/com.simplysoftware.slidingmenustandard2-1/base.apk)
    at com.simplysoftware.slidingmenustandard.slidingmenustd._additem(slidingmenustd.java:61)
    at com.simplysoftware.slidingmenustandard2.main._buildmenu(main.java:411)
    at com.simplysoftware.slidingmenustandard2.main._activity_create(main.java:353)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
    at anywheresoftware.b4a.BA.raiseEvent2(BA.java:186)
    at com.simplysoftware.slidingmenustandard2.main.afterFirstLayout(main.java:102)
    at com.simplysoftware.slidingmenustandard2.main.access$000(main.java:17)
    at com.simplysoftware.slidingmenustandard2.main$WaitForLayout.run(main.java:80)
    at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:751)
    at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:95)
    at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:154)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:6692)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:1468)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:1358)
main_buildmenu (java line: 411)
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: No virtual method AddTwoLinesAndBitmap2(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Landroid/graphics/Bitmap;Ljava/lang/Object;)V in class Lanywheresoftware/b4a/objects/ListViewWrapper; or its super classes (declaration of 'anywheresoftware.b4a.objects.ListViewWrapper' appears in /data/app/com.simplysoftware.slidingmenustandard2-1/base.apk)
    at com.simplysoftware.slidingmenustandard.slidingmenustd._additem(slidingmenustd.java:61)
    at com.simplysoftware.slidingmenustandard2.main._buildmenu(main.java:411)
    at com.simplysoftware.slidingmenustandard2.main._activity_create(main.java:353)
    at anywheresoftware.b4a.BA.raiseEvent2(BA.java:186)
    at com.simplysoftware.slidingmenustandard2.main.afterFirstLayout(main.java:102)
    at com.simplysoftware.slidingmenustandard2.main.access$000(main.java:17)
    at com.simplysoftware.slidingmenustandard2.main$WaitForLayout.run(main.java:80)
    at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:751)
    at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:95)
    at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:154)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:6692)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:1468)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:1358)

I think the problem is the same like this one: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/app-crashing-b4a-6-80.76956/
Is it possible that you recompile the library with the new B4A version and upload it again or do I have to use another library if I want to use B4A 7.01 or higher in the future?

Thanks in advance

Paolo Pini

Licensed User
Longtime User
The example doesn't found the .png image in 'File.DirAssets' and stop, what can I do?

MohMor

Hi
I am new to B4A android. your library seems great i think. but I do not know how to use your library.
at first, I added the libraries to the basic-4-android library and then i opened B4A source code. but when i set up B4A bridge, no slider seen. also a lot of error occured.
it seems that there is not any view in the designer.
what should i do.
thank you a lot guys.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…