Android Question Signature key - B4A allows only one as general not per app key

Zeev Goldstein

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have 2 apps
1 old with old style signature key and it is on Google store

Now, I wanted to upload the 2nd one (new app) and Google did not accept as the old style key is not accepted anymore and I need to set a new style key

2 issues:

Every time I access my apps I need to remember to choose the right key, I think B4A should allow each project to store its key.

I noticed thaton same phone each app gets a different device id
So this is another problem - I use the device ID to identify the device and user and the 2 apps must see he same device ID.

When I changed the new app's key to the old style key it showed the same as the 1st app, changing the old app's key produced the key the new app gets - so the signature has major impact on device ID.

Currently I can't upload the new app worth the old style key, and if I change the old app's key it will be handled as a new app (checked it in development environment and when installed the app on existing system I got a message that it exists worth a different key and when I approved installation the old one firstly was removed so all data was erased, this is no option for me

So
Learned the problem, I couldn't find a solution.
The only idea I have now is to find any common element I can use written both apps to identify they're running on the same device

How do I resolve these issues?
Having the signature kept for each app or having a single common element I can use in both apps to identify the device

Thank you