Android Question Signing Key issues??

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by evansus, Jul 28, 2015.

1. evansus

evansus Member Licensed User

Hi All
    After months of being able to use B4A Bridge to download new versions of my app in development I returned to the code and I cannot get the downloads to work. The compile works with no errors and then I get the message "Installation will fail if the signing key is different than the previous used key.
    In that case you will need to manually uninstall the existing application.
    Completed successfully." I have changed the package name on the app as well as the label.
    I guess I need to get the same signing key or do I need to generate a new one?? Any other suggestions on what might be causing this issue?
    The app will not download to my phone or tablet.
    Thanks for any help
    Evansus

2. DonManfred

DonManfred Expert Licensed User

You are using two different signkeys? Maybe on two different PCs????

Seems that the app you want to install is already installed. But with another sign-key....

You should only use ONE sign-key per developer.

If you are using two PCs; make sure you are using always the same (one!) SignKey.

3. evansus

evansus Member Licensed User

I have changed the PC recently but have been using it to install other apps and run them fine.
    How do I find out which key was used for previously installed apps?
    Thanks
    Evansus

4. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

Have you already submitted the app to Google Play? If not then you can just uninstall the existing app and then install the app with the new key.

KMatle likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice