Share My Creation Simple game with GameView and Tappx banner

Hello everyone, happy to present my first 2D game made with GameView library. This library show up very well with 2D animation, thanks to hardware acceleration allow you to create complex but fluid scenarios with few and effective instructions. I also integrated the tappx advertising banner proposed by Erel .. Although at the moment it is only one level with a small final monster to defeat, it makes you realize the potential of this library has: Super Flappy 2D - Play Store

To get to the little monster it doesn't take much effort, just a little practice...

Once you have defeated the monster, the game restarts but faster, keep your shots, collect shields and weapons chest to fight it. Knock down pipes with 4 shot, the shield protects you from 5 shocks and lasts max 60 seconds, the coins are only used to score points.

Tappx proposal is very interesting, as it offers the possibility to earn with banners and offers link exchange between apps, very simple to integrate an immediate and very intuitive management panel, the only flaw is that it slows down the game with each update, it would be fantastic to understand how and if can you solve this problem.

The logic of the game is based on a single timer that updates the gv every 30ms, in these 30ms each object is repositioned according to the game plan, the x, y coordinates of the various objects are compared to establish the collision points and activate the various functions such as increase points, lives, blows, explosions, pipes destruction etc...

All images have an initial preload in order to make the animation almost immediate they are not loaded at the moment. The sliding background is made using a simple canvas that flows linearly 6dip at a time an image of 3600x3600 pixels.

A great experience, certainly very demanding and long, I was wondering how it was possible that 50 people and a year of work were needed to make a 3D game, but in fact it has its why.

I hope you enjoy the experiment, it is a game that takes its cue from several similar versions already existing but in a different key, if we want a little modern and simpler approach, obviously suitable for children.

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
Very nice, it seems a little jerky? Are you limiting the frame rate at all?

I was thrown off a little, I selected one player mode, then tried to tap anywhere on the screen to flap as with the normal flappy bird game, but then realised I had to press the button. This wasn't great as I would normally tap with my right hand, but the button is on the left.

nicolino33

Licensed User
Longtime User
Very nice, it seems a little jerky? Are you limiting the frame rate at all?

I was thrown off a little, I selected one player mode, then tried to tap anywhere on the screen to flap as with the normal flappy bird game, but then realised I had to press the button. This wasn't great as I would normally tap with my right hand, but the button is on the left.
The slowdown is due to the tappx banner that I will remove, regarding the buttons they have been positioned in the most common way: the left button for player move, the right one to shoot ...