B4A Library Simple WIFI library Updated V. 3.07 09-05-2018

SimonInCanada

Licensed User
Yeah, the permissions thing changed with Android 6 so I cam across this in my apps on account of wanting to write to an SD Card. If you click on the List Permissions button at the bottom of the Logs window in the IDE it lists all permissions that need this treatment with an asterix.

kepler

Licensed User
Longtime User
Good morning

Is the signal strength the real and actual frequency measure the phone is receiving, or is just a info variable sent by the cell tower?

Clear skies

Kepler

vhd_bgh

Hi
I used this library on several devices and it works fine.
But on "sumsung galaxy j7" and other samsung device it doesn't work!!! ("updateWifiList" and then "ScanDone" function doesn't return anything)
Have you tested this on samsung devices?

Last edited:

Nishan15

isOnline is returning True but isOnlinePing is returning False.

I have tested with working internet then isOnline is true
tested with not working internet then isOnline is false
again I made the internet to work in the same function call but isOnline still remain in false and not changing back to true

B4X:
    StartServiceAt(Me, DateTime.Now + 2 * DateTime.TicksPerMinute, True)
    internetChk

internetChk:
    Dim phn As MLwifi
    Log(phn.isOnline)
    Log(phn.isOnlinePing)

If phn.isOnlinePing Then
        Log(phn.isOnlinePing)
        is_Online = 1
    Else
        is_Online = 0
    End If

Also created a test project and find the screenshot for logs

Attachments

• MLwifi.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 285
  • MLwifi1.JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 282
Last edited:

bruno.ionaldo

Licensed User
Hello, I would like to know if the MLwifi.connectWifiAP method has a priority list? Because I am trying to connect a network (saved) and I am not successful in trying to connect to the new network. Everything else worked perfectly.

vhd_bgh

Hello, I would like to know if the MLwifi.connectWifiAP method has a priority list? Because I am trying to connect a network (saved) and I am not successful in trying to connect to the new network. Everything else worked perfectly.
I was able to switch well between saved networks perfectly
But my problem is "ScanDone" on "Sumsung" devices , It can't return any things!!! (This occurred only on "Sumsung" devices)

Hi @bruno.ionaldo and @vhd_bgh
I think the problem is explained here.
However it's hard for me to use the instead way. I would appreciate if you explain more or let me know simpler way.

I also ask @HotShoe and @bgsoft sincerely to update the library according to latest changes of Android. The library was perfect and useful.
Many thanks.

Tonight I checked the MLWifi library code and compare deprecated methods by https://developer.android.com/reference/android/net/wifi/WifiManager
following functions won't work properly for mostly API>28

StartScan
UpdateWifiList
EnableWifi
ListSavedNetworks
removeWifiAP
isSavedWifiAP and isSavedWifiAP2
ConnectWifiAP and ConnectWifiAP2
disconnectWifiAP
SaveWifiAP and SaveWifiAP2
WifiStrength

functionally all important functions of MLWifi Library will no longer work properly ( for API>28)

vhd_bgh

Special thanks from Vahid to @mohammad javad
But... I have used this library in applications and so far it has had problems with Samsung devices
What do you think is the solution?

Special thanks from Vahid to @mohammad javad
But... I have used this library in applications and so far it has had problems with Samsung devices
What do you think is the solution?
I’m not professional but I think the most important problem is some classes which are used in MLWifi library are deprecated in android 10, no matter which device is used. I tested my project on galaxy s6 ( android 7 I think) and it’s ok

dd1

Hi everyone
Is it possible to have a mini example on how to use this library?
Sorry but I'm a beginner and I'm not sure how to call the available functions

Dey

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello
I don't find where to put this constant
WIFI_MODE_FULL_HIGH_PERF As Int = 3
I would like to do some tests
Thank you

Lakhtin_V

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm trying to find an example using this library. I liked the functionality of this library, but how to put it into practice? I want to use Wifi to send requests to the head unit (server). I found only this post, but this version does not run on my SDK 21 smartphone. Probably need to make some additions to the manifest? What android version requirements should be met for the new version of the library and do you have a fresh example of its use. Old post Erel recommends not to continue...

Jmu5667

Licensed User
Longtime User
use this

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…