B4J Question Skeleton with BANano is not very good for designing

NGUYEN TUAN ANH

Licensed User
Hi everybody
My main forte is B4A, I recently switched to web programming with B4J, I am very interested in the Skeleton library combined with BANano for designing web elements, but I find the Skeleton library too lacking. , for example Fulldown Menu, menu trees, Banner etc ...
Offering may be due to my limited understanding
so everyone can help me create Fulldown Menu, trees menu, Banner with Skeleton library associated with BANano on my website
Thank you very much
Best regards.

alwaysbusy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The Skeleton library is an ongoing project mainly designed for WebApps. For example in the next release, a collapsable menu is added (here in a responsive Hamburger menu):

1605184543010.png

And the Inputs are extended:

1605184837087.png

Added a canvas component with draggable objects (similar system as the one used in ABMaterial):

1605184883016.png

An Infinite container that can be used to make infinite list for example:

1605185043618.png

No idea what a Banner of Fulldown Menu is (Pulldown button maybe, but then this is already in it)

1605184802954.png

You must know that BANanoSkeleton is NOT a wrapper around another framework like e.g. Bootstrap but a completely from the ground up written UI lib especially for B4J. It already covers 90% of what Bootstrap can do, but with a fraction of the size and considerably faster than Bootstrap.

If you have a component that you want to be included, you may suggest it and I will consider it to be added to the Skeleton library. If it is to exclusive for your case, you will have to write a CustomView yourself.

Alwaysbusy

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NGUYEN TUAN ANH

Licensed User
The Skeleton library is an ongoing project mainly designed for WebApps. For example in the next release, a collapsable menu is added (here in a responsive Hamburger menu):

View attachment 102866

And the Inputs are extended:

View attachment 102868
Added a canvas component with draggable objects (similar system as the one used in ABMaterial):

View attachment 102869

An Infinite container that can be used to make infinite list for example:

View attachment 102870

No idea what a Banner of Fulldown Menu is (Pulldown button maybe, but then this is already in it)

View attachment 102867

You must know that BANanoSkeleton is NOT a wrapper around another framework like e.g. Bootstrap but a completely from the ground up written UI lib especially for B4J. It already covers 90% of what Bootstrap can do, but with a fraction of the size and considerably faster than Bootstrap.

If you have a component that you want to be included, you may suggest it and I will consider it to be added to the Skeleton library. If it is to exclusive for your case, you will have to write a CustomView yourself.

Alwaysbusy
Banner and Menu Fulldown bar similar to this web, Could you please add to Skeleton library in new version
For example:
1605494165535.png

and
1605494185227.png

Upvote 0

alwaysbusy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
A Banner is just a SKContainer with a specific Style. The Banner will not disappear in the BANanoSkeleton library while scrolling. You can write this yourself (this is why BANano exists, to write your own behaviours in B4J instead of in JavaScript).

B4X:
position: fixed;top: 0;z-index: 150

Your 'Fulldown' menu will be possible with the SKMenu (Type = Horizontal). You can add this in an SKContainer with whatever other components you want.

1605533200391.png

Alwaysbusy

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NGUYEN TUAN ANH

Licensed User
A Banner is just a SKContainer with a specific Style. The Banner will not disappear in the BANanoSkeleton library while scrolling. You can write this yourself (this is why BANano exists, to write your own behaviours in B4J instead of in JavaScript).

B4X:
position: fixed;top: 0;z-index: 150

Your 'Fulldown' menu will be possible with the SKMenu (Type = Horizontal). You can add this in an SKContainer with whatever other components you want.

View attachment 103037

Alwaysbusy
Thank you very much
I am waiting for new version of Skeleton library with SKMenu element

Upvote 0

tchart

Licensed User
Longtime User
+1 for @alwaysbusy saying "you must know that BANanoSkeleton is NOT a wrapper around another framework"

Skeleton is a boilerplate and not a framework

1605550329399.png

I used to use Skeleton extensively but there are certain things you have to do yourself. It is fine for simple web apps but if you are wanting to do more then its probably not what you are looking for.

Upvote 0

alwaysbusy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Skeleton is a boilerplate and not a framework
Yes, Skeleton was a great start to get some basics in order for the BANanoSkeleton library, like having a row/column system and some responsiveness (no need to reinvent the wheel). And because it is so lightweight (compared to the Bootstrap/Vue/MaterializeCSS/etc monsters), it is an excellent foundation to write your own UI framework. Ideal as a backbone for BANano UI libs. :)

Maybe I should've picked a better name for this lib like just BANanoUI... 🤔

Alwaysbusy

Upvote 0