Share My Creation SleepClock - The clock that doesn't wake you up

flash.jpg

Waking up at night, looking for the time, and being flash-blinded by the phone screen?

Turn an old AMOLED phone into a night clock, with eyes-saving features.
Screen brightness is reduced to minimum to prevent eyes strain in complete darkness and the default clock color is red, to keep pupils from contracting.
nightstand.jpg

Note: this is not an alarm watch: you can continue to use the system clock, on the same phone, for that.

Some care has been applied to preserve AMOLED displays from burn-in:
The clock is slowly moved across the screen, so it won't hit always the same pixels
All screen pixels are turned off in a rotating scheme once a second
amoled.jpg

This app uses immersive mode, to remove Android interface elements from screen and uses a gesture to exit to avoid unwanted touches.

SleepClock uses the following technologies:
  • B4XPages
  • B4XPreferences
  • ViewEx
  • BitmapCreator
  • Localizator (English/Italian)
  • ASViewPager

While B4XPages doesn't natively support dynamic switching between portrait and landscape, the app retains the orientation the phone is, at app startup

Available for free on the Play Store at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hybridassistant.sleepclock

BasicBert

Licensed User
Longtime User
View attachment 149833
Waking up at night, looking for the time, and being flash-blinded by the phone screen?

Turn an old AMOLED phone into a night clock, with eyes-saving features.
Screen brightness is reduced to minimum to prevent eyes strain in complete darkness and the default clock color is red, to keep pupils from contracting.
View attachment 149834

Note: this is not an alarm watch: you can continue to use the system clock, on the same phone, for that.

Some care has been applied to preserve AMOLED displays from burn-in:
The clock is slowly moved across the screen, so it won't hit always the same pixels
All screen pixels are turned off in a rotating scheme once a second
View attachment 149837

This app uses immersive mode, to remove Android interface elements from screen and uses a gesture to exit to avoid unwanted touches.

SleepClock uses the following technologies:
  • B4XPages
  • B4XPreferences
  • ViewEx
  • BitmapCreator
  • Localizator (English/Italian)
  • ASViewPager

While B4XPages doesn't natively support dynamic switching between portrait and landscape, the app retains the orientation the phone is, at app startup

Available for free on the Play Store at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hybridassistant.sleepclock
Thanks for this app. I installed it and it looks very fine.
Any chance to add a function to read the setting of the standard alarm and display the next coming alarm on your screen.
There is no direct need to set an alarm via your app.
Another addition would be to show (at startup of the app only) if power is provided to the phone.

But no rush or pressure, it is already fine as it is.

Alessandro71

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for this app. I installed it and it looks very fine.
Any chance to add a function to read the setting of the standard alarm and display the next coming alarm on your screen.
There is no direct need to set an alarm via your app.
Another addition would be to show (at startup of the app only) if power is provided to the phone.

But no rush or pressure, it is already fine as it is.
let me see if I’ve got your request correctly:
you want to see onscreen, the next alarm time which is set on the android standard clock?
and an indication if the phone is currently plugged in the charger?

BasicBert

Licensed User
Longtime User
Wow, that's what I call Quick Service. Thank you very much, I love your work on this.
I had another app for this purpose and I have discarded it in favor of your app.