Share My Creation Slot Machine

I had nothing to do the other day, so I programmed this slot machine game. Not very heavy duty but fun to program.

It has a resolution of 160 (working on 240). I added some sounds and cleaned up the screen.

Attachments

• slot.zip
    373.5 KB · Views: 2,243
  • example.jpg
    example.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 7,286
Last edited:

mistermentality

Licensed User
Longtime User
Just tried your app, must say it's fun and nice graphics. Can imagine that with the addition of sound effects and maybe minor design changes to the buttons it would be a popular fun app on the android market.

I like it :)

Dave

bazp

Licensed User
Longtime User

I am working on sound and the slot handle to move. I am not clear about your comments on the buttons. Please explain

dlfallen

Licensed User
Longtime User
I like it too - enough to make several changes for my own use. It will be several days before I have time to work on it. Maybe you will beat me to it?

This is not meant to be negative, but here are the things I would change:

1. First and foremost, the graphics do not display properly on a device with scale = 1.5 (240) -- see attached screen shot.

2. To echo the previous comment, I would make changes to the display of information and the buttons. The large white boxes dominate the screen, they should be secondary to the slot machine.

3. On all slot machines, the bet is subtracted immediately when the machine is activated. On yours, it is subtracted after the spin and payout is calculated - and then only if you lose. So, for example, if you start with 50 coins and a cherry comes up you show 52 coins (2 for the cherry win). It should be (50-1) + 2 = 51 coins.

4. The payoffs are WAY too high. No fun at all to play a slot machine you can't lose on. I would limit the expected payout to 100%.

Thanks for sharing your slot machine!

Attachments

• Slot.jpg
    Slot.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 817

mistermentality

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am working on sound and the slot handle to move. I am not clear about your comments on the buttons. Please explain

I think the buttons distract from the slot machine, maybe they could have a see through background or be on one side of the screen (maybe the bottom?) so the machine and buttons are seperated a little?

I have to admit though I'm not sure I could achieve what you have yet, so well done as it's a very nice app :)

Dave