Android Question SMS gateway

Mostez

Licensed User
Longtime User
I want to develop SMS gateway application, SMS request (text) is sent by users to SQL server from windows applications or automatically by row insert trigger, then a dedicated mobile phone checks for rows insert on same server every 1 minute for example, once new row found it sends the message and mark progress field according to send result, i.e. sent ok, failed, no enough credit ... etc.

is it possible to keep this mobile application always up?
what library should I use? does it limit number of sent SMS (regardless GSM operator rules)

I already developed SMS gateway by VB.NET and GSM serial modem, but I believe that B4A will be mush more powerful with no more serial port communication hassle.

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
1. You only have access to SMS if your app is the Devices default SMS App/Dialer
2. You are probably limited in sending SMSs within 1 hour. 50 SMSses or so.

Under the hood i would setup a B4J Server app which communicates with the GSM-Serial Modem.

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
sorry but I did not understand that well, do you mean that I have to send only one SMS every one hour or what?

100 SMS per hour

The official publicised limits for SMS sending per-app are as follows:
- Maximum of 100 SMS per hour for all Android versions below 4.1. 1.
- Maximum of 30 SMS every 30 minutes, for all Android versions since 4.1.

So if you want to build a SMS Gateway you may fast reach this limits!

Also you need to take into account that you are probably not allowed to resell the SMSses you buy from your Provider to send.

Last edited:
Upvote 0