So impressed with this product

A few months ago I started using B4A as I was looking to create a phone app for myself and my programming background is mostly in various forms of VB. After decades of using Microsoft IDE's it was refreshingly easy to get familiar with the B4A environment and once I discovered just how much capability it has, I was sold (and made a donation of course). The most striking thing though is how fast it is to do pretty much everything compared to what I was used to.

The advantages of such a lean, fast development environment were brought home to me again today when I was looking into creating a new version of a desktop VB.NET database application I have. I initially thought to do in VB.Net, which I haven't been using for a while now. The amount of time it took just to create and open the project in Visual Studio 2019 immediately made me realize I should just do it in B4X. I find the debugger is more intuitive and descriptive and even the integration of SQLite seems better and easier to work with.

Thanks Erel for creating such a great product that just makes sense!

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
A few months ago I started using B4A as I was looking to create a phone app for myself and my programming background is mostly in various forms of VB. After decades of using Microsoft IDE's it was refreshingly easy to get familiar with the B4A environment and once I discovered just how much capability it has, I was sold (and made a donation of course). The most striking thing though is how fast it is to do pretty much everything compared to what I was used to.

The advantages of such a lean, fast development environment were brought home to me again today when I was looking into creating a new version of a desktop VB.NET database application I have. I initially thought to do in VB.Net, which I haven't been using for a while now. The amount of time it took just to create and open the project in Visual Studio 2019 immediately made me realize I should just do it in B4X. I find the debugger is more intuitive and descriptive and even the integration of SQLite seems better and easier to work with.

Thanks Erel for creating such a great product that just makes sense!
I have to @agree, @argee :)