Android Question Solved - App mysteriously stopped working

tsteward

Licensed User
Longtime User
So I come home today and load up B4A on my PC. Load my app, change 1 line of code and hit compile.
B4A complains androidx.annotations:annotations-experimental (Google Maven) is missing. So I install it.
Now I recompile in debug mode. It compiles, it installs and blinks on my phone screen and disappears.
IDE shows no lines of anything in the log.

Not sure what to do.
I have tried loading backup from 3 days ago and same thing

tsteward

Licensed User
Longtime User
nope totally blank as if getting no feedback from device. Phone is connected via b4a bridge
Used it this way for many years

Upvote 0

tsteward

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have turned usb debugging mode on but don't know how to connect b4a to the device
Doesn't seem to show in notifications.

Firebaseadmob = no I don't use it

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210414-225137_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20210414-225137_Settings.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 133
Upvote 0

MikeSW17

Licensed User
A couple of questions, a) Have you used the SDK Manager to install.update anything? b) Has the device had any recent Android updates?

Upvote 0

tsteward

Licensed User
Longtime User
So no updates to Windows but yes I did let SDK do updates a few days ago but have successfully compiled since then.
Phone updates not that I am aware of. And have not installed any new apps.
I have tried on two different device and same problem.

I can compile install and run other projects and view log files whilst they are running etc
My main app is compiling, is installing but flashes on the screen and disappears

All that to me indicates an issue with this app or one of its libraries. Since going to known working backups doesn't fix it then next this is library file become corrupt maybe??
Getting no feedback from the ide is not helping.

Upvote 0

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
My main app is compiling, is installing but flashes on the screen and disappears
Make sure it is compiled in release mode then install it. Keep running it and with a bit of luck Android will complain that it keeps stopping and give you the option to send a report. That in turn should let you preview the report which should contain a stack trace that will give you a clue.

Upvote 0

tsteward

Licensed User
Longtime User
Make sure it is compiled in release mode then install it. Keep running it and with a bit of luck Android will complain that it keeps stopping and give you the option to send a report. That in turn should let you preview the report which should contain a stack trace that will give you a clue.
No luck there i'm afraid
You can see it open (White screen) then it just dissapears

Upvote 0

tsteward

Licensed User
Longtime User
done that. They never fire.
Tried them in starter & main

I'm about to delete all additional library files and re-install only what i'm using

Upvote 0

tsteward

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok re-downloaded & added what was need to my additional library folder (probs was good to have a clean up)

But no good. This app has grown from nothing over 8 or so years and I never had this type of issue before.
Probably something really simple but at this time its useless.

I can't compile a useable app

Upvote 0

tsteward

Licensed User
Longtime User
not here in public not

Upvote 0

tsteward

Licensed User
Longtime User
it has server passwords and everything in it

Upvote 0