iOS Question [Solved] B4i Configuration - Apple Developer Account - Certificates

Lori Scott

Licensed User
Getting started with B4i... I want to make an app available for iPhone. However I do not have an iPhone. I purchased an iPad to have an Apple device with which to develop the app. In the tutorial "B4i Certificate and Provision File" the example shows many devices selected. But to select a device, I must first add the device. I was able to add the iPad because I could follow the instructions to email the UDID from it to myself. Since I do not have an iPhone, how do I add that device to the certificate? Or do I not need to add it to the certificate? I may be misunderstanding the purpose/meaning of a Certificate. I thought that if I want the app to function on an iPhone, then I would need iPhone listed on the Certificate. Is this true? Or can I develop the App using the iPad as a viewer, and then the app will be automatically available to any Apple device, even though they weren't included in the Developer Certificate?

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
The devices listed in the provision profile (not certificate) are the devices that you can test your app on. You can always add more devices and download a new provision profile. Up to 100 devices.

There is not relation between this list of devices and the devices that will be compatible with your app.

Upvote 0

Lori Scott

Licensed User
Thank you. I am going through the B4i Beginners Guide document and finding it very informative. Thank you for providing this.

Upvote 0