iOS Question [solved] Cannot Compile Release App (Unable to write data to the transport connection)

yonson

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi

I am trying to build my release version of my app today, it is my first attempt. I've created a new key however the compilation fails with the following error:-

Parsing code. 0.32
Compiling code. 0.71
Compiling layouts code. 0.01
Building Xcode project 4.55
Sending data to remote compiler. Error
Communication error: Internal error: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

Can you clarify the issue please?
Thanks
John

yonson

Licensed User
Longtime User
yes, disconnected the connection, and have now tried it on a different network completely. Please note when I try to build the debug app its fine, its only when I want to build the release version. Any thoughts?

Upvote 0

yonson

Licensed User
Longtime User
actually I tried to do exactly the same thing about a month ago, with a different (test) app, when building the debug version it was fine, when trying to make the release version I got this same error. I left it as I assumed it must have been a temporary problem on the server side.

I've retried this morning:-

1) uninstalled app
2) cleaned project
3) created new provisioning profile & distribution certificates

My (limited) understanding is that this error message is the build server rejecting something, can you clarify why it would do this?

Upvote 0

omidaghakhani1368

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok.This problem not relate to remote host because you can test your project in debug state.
Do you use proxy when release app?

Upvote 0

yonson

Licensed User
Longtime User
As far as I'm aware I'm not changing anything between running the debug and doing the release.

I've followed the tutorial on generating the release app:-

https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/app-publish-tutorial.46808/#post-289504

I've just recreated the provisioning profile etc again for the live release,

I change the 'paths configuration' keys folder from my development to release folder, then select to build the release version. Exactly as per the tutorial

I really don't understand what is wrong?

Upvote 0

yonson

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel
here is the build notes from the last compile, it appears around 5 seconds after starting the build process:-

Parsing code. 0.31
Compiling code. 0.58
Compiling layouts code. 0.01
Building Xcode project 1.45
Sending data to remote compiler. Error
Communication error: Internal error: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

One interesting aspect I have noticed. After doing this, I then get a different message about files already existing : -

Building Xcode project Error
The file 'C:\work\iyork\iOS\Objects\src\mapicon.png' already exists.

I assume this is something to do with not having the correct overwrite rules in that directory. So, I go to the directory and manually delete the files. Do you think this has any relevance?

Upvote 0

omidaghakhani1368

Licensed User
Longtime User
I can solve problem of course i think.
If your output size is rather than 25 mb then cannot compile with mac server but with local mac can compile

Upvote 0

yonson

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel has increased the compile size to 40mb, this has fixed it. However, please note the process will timeout, so you need to very much increase this value in

Tools -> IDE Options -> Configure Process Timeout

Thanks for your help Erel

Upvote 0

yonson

Licensed User
Longtime User
just a small note about a mistake I made when creating the release version, it saved the .ipa file into my 'files' folder. As a result the next time I created a version, the .ipa file was included as an asset file in the project(!). This doubled the size of the app unnecessarily and was a mistake on my part, so just a note to say make sure you save the ipa somewhere other than the files folder.

Also interesting to note you can inspect the rc.dat file with any zip viewer software to check the contents.

Upvote 0