Bug? [Solved] CollectViewsData or CollectViewsName ?

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
There is no DDD.CollectViewsNames in Designer Script.
Maybe CollectViewsNames was deprecated in version 1.02? 😅

1656000294180.png

Last edited:

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I just downloaded and installed the Beta 3 version (same link) and everything is ok.

View attachment 130732
I am not intended to report any bugs here, just wish Erel can correct the pop up help for GetViewByName where the hint says don’t forget to type DDD.CollectViewsNames. I think maybe it used to be this method but succeeded by a more powerful method call CollectViewsData. Just want to correct the typo to avoid confusion. Or maybe I am wrong that this method exists only in future version of the DesignerUtils class.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I am not intended to report any bugs here, just wish Erel can correct the pop up help for GetViewByName where the hint says don’t forget to type DDD.CollectViewsNames. I think maybe it used to be this method but succeeded by a more powerful method call CollectViewsData. Just want to correct the typo to avoid confusion. Or maybe I am wrong that this method exists only in future version of the DesignerUtils class.
I had looked at your post a little too quickly; I thought the Designer was reporting an error.

Somewhere Erel had written that he would replace a couple of methods with that CollectViewsData, if I'm not mistaken.

However your example project is different from mine, I suppose it is an older version; in mine the B4XMainPage is practically empty, it is the default one.