Android Question [SOLVED] Difficulty with new receivers to communicate with intents

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm trying to implement the new receivers but with little success.
I enclose several examples below and illustrate the problems encountered

1) I've implemented a receiver that does something when boot completes. It works with Android 7 (after about 2/3 minutes from full boot) it doesn't work with Android 12. Am I doing something wrong?

I attach the example

Attachments

• BOOTstart.zip
    9.7 KB · Views: 84

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
EXAMPLE 2

I tried to intercept SMS messages as per Erel example with receiver modifications... it doesn't work. Am I doing something wrong?

Attachments

• SMSreceived.zip
    9.9 KB · Views: 76
Upvote 0

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
EXAMPLE 3

Last chance. To have two of my Apps communicate with the receivers. I used to use the intents to start the activities or services, now I use them for the receivers, but it doesn't seem to get results.

I enclose the code of the Provider (the receiver) and of the Applicant

Attachments

• Provider.zip
    9.6 KB · Views: 81
  • Requester.zip
    9.2 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I've tested your boot app on an Android 13 device. Works. It can take a 2-3 minutes for the OS to send the intent.

It is possible that your Android 12 device doesn't allow "random" apps to start at boot.
Ok, I understand, I'll look into it further.

The last example, the one that interests us the most, doesn't even work on android 7

Upvote 0

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Perfect it works. I'll update the examples, maybe they can help others.

Thanks Erel

Upvote 0

drgottjr

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
#2 works on android 13. sms is runtime permission. you need to get permission from use. that's all i added to your app

Upvote 0
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…