iOS Question Solved - Facebook login with Firebase Auth errors

Yuri Cinesi

Licensed User
I've followed the tutorials to get the facebook login working properly, but the login keeps spewing out different errors.
First, when the facebook app was not installed, the following error appeared: -canOpenURL: failed for URL: "fbauth2:/" - error: "The operation couldn’t be completed. (OSStatus error -10814.)"
Then, when I did install it, first it threw out this error FBSDKLog: Missing [FBSDKAppEvents appEventsState.appID] for [FBSDKAppEvents flushOnMainQueue:]
Then it simply started saying "Cancelled" and not giving me any errors.

I've followed the tutorial correctly as far as I can tell - the .plist file is in the Special folder, I have added the #queriesschemes and the #urlscheme with the correct app ID and everything.

The login works fine on the Android version.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
It looks like the SDK needs to be updated.

Try to add these lines:
B4X:
#QueriesSchemes: fbapi
#QueriesSchemes: fb-messenger-api
#QueriesSchemes: fbauth
#QueriesSchemes: fbauth2
#QueriesSchemes: fbshareextension
#UrlScheme: fb269766340041798
#PlistExtra: <key>FacebookAppID</key><string>269766340041798</string>
#PlistExtra: <key>FacebookDisplayName</key><string>B4A Test1</string>
Change the app id and name.

Upvote 0

Yuri Cinesi

Licensed User
No change I'm afraid. I put the app name I set in the facebook developer site as the displayname, I assume that's fine. And I obviously replaced the app ID.

Upvote 0

Segga

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm having the same issue. Facebook login has stopped working on NEARLY all of my iOS devices. It works perfectly my iPhone 6plus running 12.4.4???
Which library are we waiting on to be updated?

Upvote 0

Yuri Cinesi

Licensed User
I'm having the same issue. Facebook login has stopped working on NEARLY all of my iOS devices. It works perfectly my iPhone 6plus running 12.4.4???
Which library are we waiting on to be updated?
The facebook library, as the current version of the facebook SDK it uses has issues with iOS 13.

If you use a local builder, follow the steps outlined in this post to fix it in the meantime: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/fix-b4i-firebase-sign-in-with-facebook.114345/post-714276

If you use the remote builder like me, you'll need to wait for the update.

Upvote 0