iOS Question [SOLVED] Help Understanding Crash Report

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
My app recently got rejected. According to Apple, the app crashes at Launch - it was tested on iOS 12.2.
The app works fine on my testing devices (iPhone 5s - iOS 12.1.4 and iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2)

I don't really understand the crash report sent to me in order to trace where the bug is.

Last edited:

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
The app still works fine on my testing devices.

I removed the previous app, Recompile with a non-store provision in release mode to my phone.
I then put the phone in Airplane mode before I launched the app and it opened fine.
I Closed it, reopened it and it still runs fine.

Upvote 0

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Why don't you update the iPhone 5S to iOS 12.2? It should be compatible.

Yes, I have updated the 5s to 12.2 yet, am not experiencing any crash either, whether in Airplane Mode or normal operation.

I had a backup of the submitted archive.zip and with the crash log sent to me, I tried following the tutorial on symbolicating the crash but I was lost :(

upload_2019-4-1_23-29-0.png

upload_2019-4-1_23-29-53.png

Upvote 0

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
The app was approved finally.
The app works with the internet, when in airplane mode, the UI display network disconnected image. Which am sure Apple is taking it as app crashing.

So, I just added a message box to notify the user anytime there is no network that "The app uses the internet to work" and voila, it was approved.

Upvote 0