Android Question [Solved] Inserting comments in IDE as a link?

Pflichtfeld

Licensed User
I could not find that:
I like to add helping links directly as commented lines in IDE, for seeing the source I had used, when I coded these lines.
Is it possible, to insert these links directly as hyperlink (clicking opens the link)?
If not: that would be a wish.

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
For any other idiots like me :confused: , puzzling as I did for several minutes trying to make this work, you need to invoke 'Goto Identifier (Ctrl_Click) F12' from the context menu.

Or if you hold Ctrl down the link is then highlighted when you hover over it for you to then click.

Pflichtfeld

Licensed User
Thanks to all of you!!
I knew about this CTRL+Click feature from one of Erels videos, but I remember only code-links. Great, that hyperlinks in comments work the same!!
@klaus: It is a big secret for me, wherever you always conjure up these references ;-)

AnandGupta

Licensed User
WOW ! And all these years I have been copy pasting in my FireFox address.

I write in my code like
B4X:
            ' ref. https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/hide-webview-zoom-controls-but-still-have-zoom.99655/#post-627423
            Dim r As Reflector
            r.Target = wvDnlHtml
            r.Target = r.RunMethod("getSettings")
            r.RunMethod2("setBuiltInZoomControls", True, "java.lang.boolean")
            r.RunMethod2("setDisplayZoomControls", False, "java.lang.boolean")
And do copy-paste to open the ref. link. Now it is faster :)

But one thing I will request, is that, I use FireFox and am logged in it. But the link opens in Edge.
Is there any option to set it to open in FireFox ?

Regards,

Anand

AnandGupta

Licensed User
Make Firefox your default browser in Windows.
Thanks. Actually FF take lots of time to open up (I have many must have extensions) so I like Edge to open quickly any link (it is always in memory as per OS) for preview.

I was thinking if some ide ini settings is there for it.
Anyway not much a problem. It is still faster to open and check the referred link now with ctrl+click. Logged in is not required to check the Forum.

Regards,

Anand

AnandGupta

Licensed User
You always can check the “Remember Me” (or Stay Logged In) option to avoid type your user and pwd every time. 😉
No no, I meant to say when the forum link in opened in Edge where I am not logged in.

I have 'remember me' ON in FF which is my main browser due to required extensions. But I do not open FF on start of machine also I do not have always on connection.
Only when I need internet information, I connect and open FF. Rest time to view a local html etc. Edge is enough and fast.

Regards,

Anand