Android Question [Solved] Inserting comments in IDE as a link?

Pflichtfeld

Licensed User
I could not find that:
I like to add helping links directly as commented lines in IDE, for seeing the source I had used, when I coded these lines.
Is it possible, to insert these links directly as hyperlink (clicking opens the link)?
If not: that would be a wish.

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
For any other idiots like me :confused: , puzzling as I did for several minutes trying to make this work, you need to invoke 'Goto Identifier (Ctrl_Click) F12' from the context menu.

Or if you hold Ctrl down the link is then highlighted when you hover over it for you to then click.

Upvote 0

Pflichtfeld

Licensed User
Thanks to all of you!!
I knew about this CTRL+Click feature from one of Erels videos, but I remember only code-links. Great, that hyperlinks in comments work the same!!
@klaus: It is a big secret for me, wherever you always conjure up these references ;-)

Upvote 0

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
WOW ! And all these years I have been copy pasting in my FireFox address.

I write in my code like
B4X:
            ' ref. https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/hide-webview-zoom-controls-but-still-have-zoom.99655/#post-627423
            Dim r As Reflector
            r.Target = wvDnlHtml
            r.Target = r.RunMethod("getSettings")
            r.RunMethod2("setBuiltInZoomControls", True, "java.lang.boolean")
            r.RunMethod2("setDisplayZoomControls", False, "java.lang.boolean")
And do copy-paste to open the ref. link. Now it is faster :)

But one thing I will request, is that, I use FireFox and am logged in it. But the link opens in Edge.
Is there any option to set it to open in FireFox ?

Regards,

Anand

Upvote 0

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Make Firefox your default browser in Windows.
Thanks. Actually FF take lots of time to open up (I have many must have extensions) so I like Edge to open quickly any link (it is always in memory as per OS) for preview.

I was thinking if some ide ini settings is there for it.
Anyway not much a problem. It is still faster to open and check the referred link now with ctrl+click. Logged in is not required to check the Forum.

Regards,

Anand

Upvote 0

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You always can check the “Remember Me” (or Stay Logged In) option to avoid type your user and pwd every time. 😉
No no, I meant to say when the forum link in opened in Edge where I am not logged in.

I have 'remember me' ON in FF which is my main browser due to required extensions. But I do not open FF on start of machine also I do not have always on connection.
Only when I need internet information, I connect and open FF. Rest time to view a local html etc. Edge is enough and fast.

Regards,

Anand

Upvote 0