[SOLVED] Latest Windows 10 Update F***ks Up With Your PC

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Is not quite correct, you can disable the service.

indeed, now it works.

it was not possible with the initial install. Must be that big update that looked like mini service pack that corrected this.

wonder

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I think I solved my issues, check the first post for the fix.

NJDude

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Windows 10 forces you to have an Outlook account in order to access some features...
You can always log in with your local profile if you want.

By the way, the Outlook account is the Outlook.com (formerly known as Hotmail) not the Email Client, the equivalent to a GMail account .

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
Not wanting to hijack this thread, BUT, how is Microsoft getting away with forcing Windows Mail and the absolutely awful Microsoft Edge browser onto users again? It wasn't that long ago they were having their wrists slapped for forcing IE onto everyone and was forced to provide users with the Browser Choice screen! I'm also surprised by what they have set for the default privacy options when first installing the OS (it's worse than Facebook).
I also hate how I keep being told that I have new App's installed when I haven't actually chosen any new Apps, they've just come through with the various updates. I've now disabled as many Apps and services as possible whilst still maintaining a functional and secure system.
PS. I highly recommend Mozilla Thunderbird if looking for a solid fully featured mail client.

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Even worse! I seem to have installed by default candy crush saga! which I never installed and I don't play! Plus a bunch of "virtual" apps that I just can't seem to uninstall!

NJDude

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Microsoft is not forcing Windows Mail, it is the same scheme that Google has, you have to login using your Gmail account, well, Microsoft uses Outlook.com.
The "new apps" installed will popup indeed every time a new update is released, you can uninstall all those apps if you want (Windows Store, Xbox, etc etc) that's what I do.

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
Microsoft is not forcing Windows Mail, it is the same scheme that Google has, you have to login using your Gmail account, well, Microsoft uses Outlook.com.
The "new apps" installed will popup indeed every time a new update is released, you can uninstall all those apps if you want (Windows Store, Xbox, etc etc) that's what I do.
Already uninstalled/disabled but my point is that Microsoft is again thrusting this on users and most users are considerably less savvy than those found here!!!

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm using Win10 with just a local account. It tries to force you to use/create a Live account tho but there's a small link on that page to use a local one.