iOS Question [solved] Local Build Server failed to execute

Biswajit

Licensed User
Longtime User
After updating xcode (12) I'm unable to run the local build server, here is the log

B4X:
Biswajits-MacBook-Air:B4iBuildServer biswajitsarkar$ java -jar B4iBuildServer.jar
Build server version: 6.8
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2020-10-13 14:46:15.723:INFO::main: Logging initialized @191ms to org.eclipse.jetty.util.log.StdErrLog
Loading default configuration file.
AppPath=/Users/biswajitsarkar/Desktop/B4iBuildServer
Mac version: 10.15.7
Xcode path: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer
Xcode version: 12
Creating key for: 192.168.0.111
success: true, 134
Error: dyld: attempt to run simulator program outside simulator (DYLD_ROOT_PATH not set)

Solution: Upgrade the OpenSSL version. And relink libcrypto.dylib and libssl.dylib to the /usr/local/lib folder.

Last edited:

Biswajit

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes xcode and simulator are working. I have removed the xcode and simulators and redownloaded but facing the same issue again.

Upvote 0

Biswajit

Licensed User
Longtime User
Local build server is not running. After showing DYLD_ROOT_PATH not set, its getting closed.

Upvote 0

Biswajit

Licensed User
Longtime User
It works fine here with Xcode 12 beta. I'm downloading the stable version right now.
What happens when you choose Tools - Device Ip - Simulator? Does the simulator start? Is there any error message in the server?
Hi, did you find any solution? I have tried lots of solutions from stackoverflow and apple forum but still having the same issue. Can't do anything in B4I.

Upvote 0

Semen Matusovskiy

Licensed User
Catalina 10.15.7. XCode 12.0.1. Works fine.
Before new XCode installation I completely removed previous release. Maybe this is important, because theoretically new installation may take settings from old release.

Upvote 0

Biswajit

Licensed User
Longtime User
Finally solved by upgrading OpenSSL to version 1.1.1h via homebrew.

It was nothing to do with Xcode or Simulator. The problem was with the OpenSSL, the local build server needs OpenSSL for the jetty server. For some reason, my old OpenSSL (1.0.2f) was throwing that error.

Thank you all for your time.

Upvote 0