1. *** New version of B4J is available ***
    B4J v7.8
    Dismiss Notice

iOS Question [SOLVED] mac buildserver start issues on mojave and xcode 10.2.1

Discussion in 'iOS Questions' started by miker2069, Jun 13, 2019.

1. miker2069

miker2069 Active Member Licensed User

Hi - So I have a fresh install of Mojave 10.14.5 and xcode 10.2.1. I've started xcode at least once, made sure to install any additional items, and created at least one test project with objective c (I didn't try and build it though). xcode appears to be in the application folder.

Whenerver I try to start the local mac build server I'm getting "Failed to find xcode version". Is my version to new? I've searched and I see some posts where mojave works and others that say 10.2 works - I figured a point release should work (but maybe I shouldn't assume).

Here's the error info below:

#java -jar B4iBuildServer.jar

Build server version: 5.8

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2019-06-12 19:46:04.379:INFO::main: Logging initialized @164ms to org.eclipse.jetty.util.log.StdErrLog

Loading default configuration file.

AppPath=/Users/michaelrobinson/Downloads/B4iBuildServer

Mac version: 10.14.5

Failed to find xcode version.

Michaels-Mac:B4iBuildServer michaelrobinson$

2. miker2069

I just tested on the same config with an old mac buildserver (from b4i 2.3 I believe) and it starts up fine. So for some reason the most recent build server I downloaded wit v5.8 isn't working...

3. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

What is the output of:
    xcode-select -p

xcodebuild -version

?

4. miker2069

Hi Erel, the output of xcode-select -p is:

/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools

and the output of xcodebuild -version is:
    xcode-select: error: tool 'xcodebuild' requires Xcode, but active developer directory '/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools' is a command line tools instance

Hmm, that clearly doesn't seem right, I looked up that error and this pointed me to the fix. Essentially had to ensure:
    1. Install Xcode (get it from https://developer.apple.com/xcode/) if you don't have it yet.
    2. Accept the Terms and Conditions.
    3. Ensure Xcode app is in the /Applications directory (NOT /Users/{user}/Applications).
    4. Point xcode-select to the Xcode app Developer directory using the following command:
      sudo xcode-select -s /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer

#4 was what fixed it for me, so the v5.8 Mac buildserver starts up as expected now :) - thank you for your help and pointing me in the right direction!

I've updated the thread title to [SOLVED].

Erel likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice