Android Question [SOLVED] My Parse B4A app stopped

adrianstanescu85

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello

I have been long working on a B4A app and recently I've reinstalled everything i.e. Windows 10 and all. So I reinstalled B4A, Java JDK, JRE and the Android SDK, reloaded my projected and... everytime I recompile the app, when I try to lauch it, it crashes saying that it stopped.

What seems to be the probem? I've tried setting the Android SDK platorm to 17, reinstalled everything under Windows 8... no change. I've also loaded an older version of the B4A that I have completely saved...same problem.

Adrian

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
connect your device with usb and look at the logs (maybe the unfiltered).

Upvote 0

adrianstanescu85

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've tried that but I can't make sense of anything out of the unfiltered logs.

What's interesting though is that I can't even make the Debug (rapid) or Debug (legacy) compiling do anything, after it installs it breaks off just the same way as it does when compiling in Release (obfuscated) mode. It doesn't even output a thing on the filtered logs (under any compiling method), it just installs and crashes.

Upvote 0

adrianstanescu85

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've connected my Note 3 by cable, and this is the only thing I get when compiling:
Screen1.png

The next thing is a small notification message on the Note 3 screen saying the app stopped.

Upvote 0

adrianstanescu85

Licensed User
Longtime User
I just ran this by B4A bridge too, clicked the Connect button, set the debug mode to Debug (legacy), and here is the log:

Installing file.
** Activity (main) Pause, UserClosed = false **
PackageAdded: package:smurd.sicad
** Activity (main) Create, isFirst = false **
** Activity (main) Resume **

This is everything, the app crashed. It does just the same on any other phone...

Upvote 0

adrianstanescu85

Licensed User
Longtime User
Here are the unfiltered logs:

Installing file.
GC_CONCURRENT freed 1929K, 33% free 18277K/27156K, paused 2ms+6ms, total 23ms
GC_CONCURRENT freed 1986K, 33% free 18264K/27156K, paused 2ms+1ms, total 15ms
GC_CONCURRENT freed 1957K, 33% free 18264K/27156K, paused 2ms+1ms, total 16ms
GC_CONCURRENT freed 1940K, 33% free 18264K/27156K, paused 1ms+1ms, total 14ms
GC_CONCURRENT freed 1973K, 33% free 18264K/27156K, paused 2ms+2ms, total 15ms
GC_CONCURRENT freed 1964K, 33% free 18264K/27156K, paused 1ms+1ms, total 15ms
GC_CONCURRENT freed 1957K, 33% free 18264K/27156K, paused 1ms+2ms, total 14ms
GC_CONCURRENT freed 1964K, 33% free 18264K/27156K, paused 2ms+1ms, total 15ms
GC_CONCURRENT freed 1948K, 33% free 18264K/27156K, paused 1ms+1ms, total 15ms
GC_CONCURRENT freed 1956K, 33% free 18280K/27156K, paused 1ms+2ms, total 14ms
GC_CONCURRENT freed 1948K, 33% free 18264K/27156K, paused 1ms+1ms, total 13ms
** Activity (main) Pause, UserClosed = false **
PackageAdded: package:smurd.sicad

Then the app crashes. That's all

Upvote 0

adrianstanescu85

Licensed User
Longtime User
The USB debug mode is enabled and also the verification for USB installed apps is disabled. I've disconnected the B4A bridge and ran everything through cable, the crash remains. The point is I haven't changed the code at all, not even the old versions work anymore. I was thinking something may be wrong with the Android SDK install or Java JRE/SDK, but what...?

Upvote 0

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I can see this error:

B4X:
Unable to create application anywheresoftware.b4a.objects.ParseObjectWrapper$ParseApplication: android.content.res.Resources$NotFoundException: Resource ID #0x0

When reinstalling your computer, any chance you forgot to copy some files (resources) needed by the app?

Upvote 0

adrianstanescu85

Licensed User
Longtime User
Problem solved! I saved everything on Dropbox before reinstalling, and the error appeared because the project uses the Parse library, which requires a READ ONLY .xml file under Objects/res/xml. The file read only attribute was not saved, so each time I compiled the project, any file in that folder would be erased.

I recreated the necessary res.xml file, set it to read only, and it works perfectly now!

Thank you!!

Upvote 0