Android Question [SOLVED] New Install & SDK Manager Questions

Big Dave

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi
I have just completed a new install of B4A on a new pc running Win 10 Pro following the installation instructions. I installed javac.exe to "C:\B4A\Java\jdk-11.0.1\bin" and android jar to "C:\B4A\Android\platforms\android-28".

Q1. The install instructions refer to "OpenJDK11 + OpenJFX11" yet the download show no references to OpenJFX. Have I not done something correctly?
Q2. When I click on SDK Manager in Tools or even in Configure Paths it does nothing.

Not sure if it is related or relevant but I sometimes have to "run as administrator" when I have installed other programs.

Any help much appreciated.

Big Dave

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel

I followed the instructions as per that page. Used "download" link for OpenJDK11, "Android SDK Command line tools" link for android sdk and "required resources" link for the additional components. The only difference is I created a B4A folder into which everything was unzipped to and the java folder is "Java" ie capital "J" not that I think that makes any difference. B4A was installed to the Program File (x86) folder. Thanks.

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I followed the instructions as per that page. Used "download" link for OpenJDK11, "Android SDK Command line tools" link for android sdk and "required resources" link for the additional components. The only difference is I created a B4A folder into which everything was unzipped to and the java folder is "Java" ie capital "J" not that I think that makes any difference. B4A was installed to the Program File (x86) folder. Thanks.
If it still not work for you then i can help you checking the Setup using AnyDesc is you Provide your AnyDesc ID.

Upvote 0

Big Dave

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Manfred

Do I have to allow you access to my pc, I don't want lots of people getting access. I have downloaded it and have the access id.

Thanks

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Do I have to allow you access to my pc
If i get the id from you i can connect to your pc which you need to accept. It is like Teamviewer. At anytime you can close the connection.

If you fear about it. No problem at all.

All i can say is that it will 100% work if you follow the Installationinstructions carefully.

Upvote 0

Big Dave

Licensed User
Longtime User
ok, the id is 636 047 741. FYI I am beginning to suspect that my copy of Windows may not be legal but it does seem to work. I was given the pc following the death of a relative of a friend and am trying to set it up as a development and test pc.

Upvote 0

Big Dave

Licensed User
Longtime User
RESOLVED - I have reinstalled Windows, downloaded from Microsoft and reinstalled everything. I can now access the SDK Manager. Thank you both Erel and DonManfred, much appreciated.

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
What is the problem?
With his old windowsinstallation the SDK Manager does not open at all. Even if everything is installed and configured correctly. Something is messed up with this Windows...

But he now ordered a new windows-key, installed all new and based on his answer it is working now.

Upvote 0