iOS Question [SOLVED] Problem Compile FireBase Push Notification App on my iPhone.

George_G

Licensed User
Hello.

I'm using Mac local builder.

I followed step by step the tutorial "B4i - Push Notifications with Firebase".

I want to run the app on my iPhone, and not on simulator.

When I compile the app on simulator, I did not get any error.

But when I compile the app on my iPhone, I get the following errors.

error: Provisioning profile "Provision*******Notifications" has app ID "myapp.name", which does not match the bundle ID "myapp.name.bridge". (in target 'B4iProject' from project 'B4iProject')
error: Provisioning profile "Provision*******Notifications" doesn't include signing certificate "iPhone Developer: ***** ********** (LM67JX24XU)". (in target 'B4iProject' from project 'B4iProject')

Any idea?

Thank you in advance.

Andrew (Digitwell)

Licensed User
Longtime User
error: Provisioning profile "Provision*******Notifications" has app ID "myapp.name", which does not match the bundle ID "myapp.name.bridge". (in target 'B4iProject' from project 'B4iProject')

The mobile provision you are using does not match the id of the app you are building.

error: Provisioning profile "Provision*******Notifications" doesn't include signing certificate "iPhone Developer: ***** ********** (LM67JX24XU)". (in target 'B4iProject' from project 'B4iProject')

Not entirely sure about this one , but it is problably related to the first error. Whenyou built the mobileprovision did you use the signing certificate that you have included in the app?

Upvote 0

George_G

Licensed User
The mobile provision you are using does not match the id of the app you are building.

Not entirely sure about this one , but it is problably related to the first error. Whenyou built the mobileprovision did you use the signing certificate that you have included in the app?
I'm trying now on a new phone.
Iphone 12 Pro.

I registered the phone on developer.apple.
I created a new certificate, identifier and provision.
But I Cannot Install the B4I, I received the following error "Unable to Install "B4i-Bridge". Please try again later."

I'm sure that I registered the right udid.

I have done this procession twice the last hour.

Furthermore, as I read in the forum, I think that first I have to install the B4I-Bridge with the default provision (as Erel's example), and then I have to try to run my app (notification app).

Any suggestions?

Upvote 0

Andrew (Digitwell)

Licensed User
Longtime User
You are correct, but I think that the problem is that you are trying to build the bridge with a specific provision with special features.

I would:
  1. Create a new app. set the identifier to anything you like.
  2. Use a wildcard profile.
I have a special empty app (an unmodified b4xpages app) which I use to create the bridge on any new device that I get.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

George_G

Licensed User
You are correct, but I think that the problem is that you are trying to build the bridge with a specific provision with special features.

I would:
  1. Create a new app. set the identifier to anything you like.
  2. Use a wildcard profile.
I have a special empty app (an unmodified b4xpages app) which I use to create the bridge on any new device that I get.

Hope this helps.
First of all, thank you for your prompt reply.
This is exactly, what I did.

Upvote 0

Andrew (Digitwell)

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have just tested this and I can reproduce your error if I use a certificate and provision for an app which has push notifications enabled.

You need to check your mobileprovision again.

In Apple Developer, mine looks like this:

1647448661642.png

This is the one which produced the same error as you. Notice it is NOT using a wildcard ID and also it has Push Notifications enabled.
1647448778096.png

Attachments

• 1647448642628.png
    1647448642628.png
    52.1 KB · Views: 112
Upvote 0

George_G

Licensed User
I have just tested this and I can reproduce your error if I use a certificate and provision for an app which has push notifications enabled.

View attachment 126682
This is the one which produced the same error as you. Notice it is NOT using a wildcard ID and also it has Push Notifications enabled.
View attachment 126683
Ok. Thank you for your time.
I will try it, and I will inform you.

Upvote 0

George_G

Licensed User

View attachment 126682
View attachment 126683
Hello again.

I'm sorry for the delay, I diagnosed with COVID19 yesterday and I was off for one day.
The problem, that I'm facing now, is that I cannot install B4I-Bridge on my iPhone. (The Error-Message is: "Unable To Install "B4i-Bridge" Please try again later."

Any idea?

Upvote 0

George_G

Licensed User
I'm ok now. I ran a test project on my iPhone.

Firebase Push Notification is running too.

I did everything from scratch once again, and everything is ok now.

Thank you for your help.

(Not with B4i-Bridge but with Apple Configurator 2 [Mac], Configurator [iPhone] and I connect my iPhone on my Mac with usb.)

Upvote 0