Android Question [SOLVED] Problem connecting to B4A Bridge with Android P (Pie) and without local network

Andris

Licensed User
Longtime User
Up until a few months ago I had no problem connecting B4A Bridge when I'm on the road without a local network. I would easily connect as instructed in the Tutorial, using 92.168.43.1: B4A-Bridge over wifi without a local network.
However, lately I haven't been able to connect. I'm thinking that it has something to do with the fact that a while back, my Pixel phone updated to Android P (Ver 9). With Android P, I've noticed that selecting airplane mode (in order to prevent connection to cell data) now disables Hotspot. Before, I don't think that was the case.

Has anyone experienced similar B4A Bridge problems with a Pixel on Android P? If so, what's the solution?

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
maybe it uses a different IP range.

do an ipconfig on your computer to figure out in which range the tethering connection is and what the gateway IP is.

Upvote 0

Andris

Licensed User
Longtime User
maybe it uses a different IP range.

do an ipconfig on your computer to figure out in which range the tethering connection is and what the gateway IP is.
Did an ipconfig after connecting my laptop PC to Pixel's Hotspot. Attached is what I get. Tried 192.168.43.33 in B4A-Bridge, but still won't connect.

Attachments

• IPConfig.PNG
    IPConfig.PNG
    9.6 KB · Views: 164
Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
the gateway is 43.3 so that should/might be your phone's IP

try to ping some IPs and see which one replies

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Andris

Licensed User
Longtime User
the gateway is 43.3 so that should/might be your phone's IP

try to ping some IPs and see which one replies

Did ipconfig again and default gateway shows 192.168.43.31. Tried that and it works! Maybe a typo by me previously. Thanks sorex for your help. Running ipconfig looks like the definitive way to discover the right IP for others who may have this problem.

IN SUMMARY
========
If you find that you can't connect with B4A-Bridge via your phone's Hotspot, do the following:
  1. Make sure your PC/laptop is connected to the Hotspot wifi
  2. Open Command Prompt and run "ipconfig"
  3. On the last line of the results, get the default gateway value
  4. Enter this value as a NewIP for B4A-Bridge
Should now connect!

Last edited:
Upvote 0