Android Question [SOLVED] Redmi Note 10 and Intent Based Camera stops log working

Andrew (Digitwell)

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
I have an odd problem.

I am developing my app and testing on a Redmi Note 10 5g running MIUI Global 12.5.5. All works fine except when I use the code supplied to get a picture using the Intent Based Camera.

As soon as the code calls the intent based camera, logging to the log window stop. The app continues running correctly, it is just that there is no output in the log window. Even when I try to show unfiltered logs. Stopping the app and restarting causes the missing logs to reappear.

Testing the same app on a different phone (Pixel 2XL) and all is fine, the intent based camera appears, a picture can be taken and logging continues in the app.

Has anyone seen this happen before and know how to fix it.

Thanks

zed

Licensed User
Maybe a problem with the "optimization" function.

Depending on the type of optimization chosen, MIUI does not load all application data. Some application does not work properly.

In parallel with other smartphones, MIUI has its developer options.
To unblock the developer options, Go to Settings >About, find the MIUI version and tap 7 times continuously. You could see a message “You have enabled developer option” once you have successfully done that.
To access developer options, Goto Settings > Additional settings > Developer options. Now scroll down till the end to see the option to toggle MIUI Optimization. You’ll need to restart the device once you enable the option.

Even though it is just a toggle which we enable, it causes the way which the system behaves, in turn changes the way many apps behave.

Upvote 0

Andrew (Digitwell)

Licensed User
Longtime User
Finally got time to try this.

@Erel USB debugging works. I can see the debug output after calling the intent.

@zed Turning off MIUI optimization did not work when using B4A Bridge.

Not ideal, but I can continue to use the USB debugging interface.

Upvote 0