Android Question [SOLVED] Slowdown in SearchView using Android 11 or higher

scsjc

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have uploaded this video with two emulators doing a same search within the SearchView.
The emulator on the left is an Android8 and the one on the right is Android12

In Android8 the SearchView is fluid and does not stop at the search / result.
In Android12 the SearchView stops ... it does not allow writing or deleting and the result takes a long time (it is as if a memory buffer fills up and slows down, and every time it is searched it gets worse)

I have carried out this test in emulators, but I have some user that the same thing happens in the real Android11 terminal.
Anyone know any solutions, or is it just a slowdown on Android 11 or higher?

Solution
As I wrote, it is not related to the Android version. It might be related to something else...
I just saw why it was slowing down, a mistake of mine :(

(This part of code is a old code that was not very updated, and I did when I started learning B4A)

The BMPs that I use the image in each line, with each result, were recreated in the loop, and that slowed down everything.
When recreating more than 5000 times the same BMP slowed down.

Thank you :)

scsjc

Licensed User
Longtime User
Testing performance on the emulator is pretty meaningless. There are no known performance issues with Android 11.

I'm doing most of my tests with Android 11 and it is running very fast, so I don't think that it is related to the Android version.
I know that the emulator is not the best place to test.

But a customer using 2 real devices has reported this problem to me, and I don't have an Android 11 available to do it myself.

Upvote 0

Mahares

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
customer using 2 real devices has reported this problem to me, and I don't have an Android 11 available to do it myself.
The easiest way to solve your problem is to attach your complete project. Many members have Android 11. Some are , I am sure, willing to test it for you.

Upvote 0

scsjc

Licensed User
Longtime User
As I wrote, it is not related to the Android version. It might be related to something else...
I just saw why it was slowing down, a mistake of mine :(

(This part of code is a old code that was not very updated, and I did when I started learning B4A)

The BMPs that I use the image in each line, with each result, were recreated in the loop, and that slowed down everything.
When recreating more than 5000 times the same BMP slowed down.

Thank you :)

Upvote 0
Solution