Android Question [SOLVED] WatchFace library errors while compiling

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Good morning all,
I decided to reset one of my smart watches back to factory default and then reinstall my watch face apps back onto it.

When I run B4A and try to install any of my watch faces I keep getting this error, I'm using @corwin42 WatchFace library.

B4X:
c:\android_development_tools\android-sdk-b4x\tools\..\extras\b4a_remote\com\android\support\support-compat\28.0.0\unpacked-support-compat-28.0.0\res\values\values.xml:36: error: Attribute "fontProviderFetchStrategy" already defined with incompatible format.
c:\android_development_tools\android-sdk-b4x\tools\..\extras\b4a_remote\androidx\core\core\1.1.0\unpacked-core-1.1.0\res\values\values.xml:127: Original attribute defined here.
c:\android_development_tools\android-sdk-b4x\tools\..\extras\b4a_remote\com\android\support\support-compat\28.0.0\unpacked-support-compat-28.0.0\res\values\values.xml:51: error: Attribute "fontProviderFetchTimeout" already defined with incompatible format.
c:\android_development_tools\android-sdk-b4x\tools\..\extras\b4a_remote\androidx\core\core\1.1.0\unpacked-core-1.1.0\res\values\values.xml:139: Original attribute defined here.
c:\android_development_tools\android-sdk-b4x\tools\..\extras\b4a_remote\com\android\support\support-compat\28.0.0\unpacked-support-compat-28.0.0\res\values\values.xml:61: error: Attribute "fontStyle" already defined with incompatible format.
c:\android_development_tools\android-sdk-b4x\tools\..\extras\b4a_remote\androidx\core\core\1.1.0\unpacked-core-1.1.0\res\values\values.xml:147: Original attribute defined here.

If I edit the values.xml file in extras\b4a_remote\androidx\core\core\1.1.0\unpacked-core-1.1.0\res\values\ and remove the references stated above (fontProviderFetchStrategy, fontProviderFetchTimeout and fontStyle), the compilation finally compiles past 'Generating R file. (0.00s)' which it does not do if I do not remove the three references above, but then I end up getting the following errors.

B4X:
Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Landroid/support/v4/app/INotificationSideChannel;
Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Landroid/support/v4/app/INotificationSideChannel$Stub;
Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Landroid/support/v4/app/INotificationSideChannel$Stub$Proxy;
Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Landroid/support/v4/graphics/drawable/IconCompatParcelizer;
Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Landroid/support/v4/os/IResultReceiver;
Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Landroid/support/v4/os/IResultReceiver$Stub;
Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Landroid/support/v4/os/IResultReceiver$Stub$Proxy;
Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Landroid/support/v4/os/ResultReceiver;
Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Landroid/support/v4/os/ResultReceiver$1;
UNEXPECTED TOP-LEVEL EXCEPTION:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Translation has been interrupted
    at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.processAllFiles(Main.java:692)
    at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.runMonoDex(Main.java:315)
    at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.runDx(Main.java:293)
    at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.main(Main.java:249)
    at com.android.dx.command.Main.main(Main.java:94)
Caused by: java.lang.InterruptedException: Too many errors
    at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.processAllFiles(Main.java:684)
    ... 4 more

Can I do something about this, does the library itself need updating or have I missed something glaringly obvious.

Please note that everything was working perfectly fine the last time I compiles my watch faces about 18 months ago. Yes I know, a lot have changed in the world of Android in the last 18 months or so.

Thank you...

Last edited: