B4J Question [SOLVED] Weird thing in IDE

Laurent95

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

I don't understand why i have twice menu "Autosave" , see below:
Twice Autosave in menu.png

Version of B4J is 8.90
It's the same in several language and also on B4A and B4R.
B4A is version 10.60
BAR is version 3.50
Version of Java is the jdk1.8.0_281
But Java have nothing to do with B4R, no ?

I don't know if it's that, or if it's the latest update of Windows 10, but now, really often, IDE is frozen ?
I'm under Windows 10 version 2004 (A nightmare on an old laptop...... :( )
Even sometime it indicate that the application not responding anymore.
After a bit time that comes back and i can continue.
It's really bothering during programming.

If somone can light me , thanks

EDIT: I put it SOLVED, because 2 things :
-1, that don't make the ide crash, it just need to wait that come back
-2, you can disable the lower in menu. Most of time during programming you need to save to validate change in debug mode, so, it's not blocking.

Last edited:

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't understand why i have twice menu "Autosave" , see below:
Looks like a language localisation problem in the IDE. My B4J in French looks like yours with duplicates but in English it is OK. However my B4A in French is correct.

After a bit time that comes back and i can continue.
This is Auto-Backup kicking in - try disabling it. It's the lower of the duplicated entries.

Upvote 0

Laurent95

Licensed User
Longtime User
This is Auto-Backup kicking in - try disabling it. It's the lower of the duplicated entries.
Hi,

@LucaMs , i tried this morning in English it's exactly the same, IDE freeze also. Of course a print screen don't catch the spinner cursor but on this screenshot we can see a white bar at top of IDE, i put yellow around,, it happen all the time when it's frozen:
Twice Autosave in menu_IDE-frozen.png

@agraham
Yes, thank you to indicate me which one is the good. I already disabled the both in menu yesterday but didn't know which was the good and feared to do a mistake :(
It's why i asked, BTW i even don't know what the first item means too šŸ¤£
No worries i'll disable the lower only, i just need to remember that i haven't the feature now and must do save more often during programming.
And yes i didn't tested on B4A even i have the both entries too. Thanks to test it and confirm there is no problem on B4A

Thank you both to have helped me, hopefully that it could be fixed in next release.
I mark this thread SOLVED

Have a nice day,
Laurent

Upvote 0

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The problem of the two Sauvegarde automatique is only in the B4J iDE. It seems that the ide.lang file in the B4J folder is an older one.
I copied the ide.lang file from B4A to B4J, closed and restarted the IDE, and the two entries are different.

1618049319483.png

I remember having changed those some time ago.

Upvote 0

Laurent95

Licensed User
Longtime User
The problem of the two Sauvegarde automatique is only in the B4J iDE. It seems that the ide.lang file in the B4J folder is an older one.
I copied the ide.lang file from B4A to B4J, closed and restarted the IDE, and the two entries are different.

I remember having changed those some time ago.
@klaus
Thanks for the tip, i did it too, you're genious ;)

@agraham
You're right, my mistake i had not do yet the update to v10.7 on B4A. It's not the same entries on v10.7

And now i know what the 1st entry means, it's " Automatic recording " not "Auto save" šŸ‘
Ouch, it's better to don't disable the 1st entry

Have a nice weekend,
Laurent

Upvote 0