Android Question Some questions...

Indy

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi All,

I'm currently evaluating B4A for my work place. Unfortunately, the trial version doesn't allow me to fully evaluate it's suitabilty, so instead I will have to ask a few questions, if users don't mind.

1. I assume that once we purchase B4A all libraries will be accessible?

2. We're looking to build an audio capture application but, need the file in mp3 format. Noticed there's no library for this. However, I have a version of Lame built for Android but it's a ".so" file. How will this accessible in B4A?

3. Can B4A run of Citrix?

That's all for now.

Thanks

keirS

Licensed User
Longtime User
3. Can B4A run of Citrix?

That's all for now.

Thanks

Assuming you mean a XenApp or XenDesktop session then you will have some major limitations. You won't get ADB running on XenApp because it doesn't support USB Redirection. You may get ADB to run on XenDesktop and successfully connect to an Android device but I wouldn't bank on it. The wireless bridge should work OK.

The other issue which would worry me is that often it's very useful to run a couple of virtual devices when developing either using AVD or something like Genymotion. This will probably work in XenDesktop but I wouldn't count on getting usable performance out of it.

Upvote 0

Indy

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks keirS, I thought it might give us problems in a Citrix environment. I think my recommendation will be the install on my virtual desktop. I work from home as well so at least this way I still have access away from work. I was sort of thinking about the future whereby we may have more than one developer and install it on Citrix would make deployment easier but, doesn't matter, this isn't really a typical user app so it's not really going to effect the organisation.

Thanks.

Upvote 0