Something about Hardkey

blackiice

In a background app,I can use hk.new1("form1",false,true,true) to catch the keypress event of the hardware keys,as we all know.
in sub hk_HardKeyPressed,I want to catch hk.Key1 pressed,I can wtire this :
Select hk.KeyPressed
case hk.Key1
msgbox("Key1 was pressed")
ens select
so,when user pressed key1,he will get a message "key1 was pressed" and the default action assigned to key1(for example :run note.exe) would be canceled,but what I need is,how can I do this like this:
Select hk.KeyPressed
case hk.Key1
if checkbox1.checked=true then
msgbox("Key1 was pressed")
else
(run the default app asigned to key1)
ens select

blackiice

You will need to find the applications paths in the registry.
If I remember correctly you can find them under: LocalMachine\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\Keys

If the hardwarekey was assigned to a .exe file,I can use registry to find what to do, But Sometimes,hardwarekey is not assigned to an application,but be assigned to some "operate" (such as "open Startmenu,press ok button,show SIP,rotate screen" and so on),so we can not found something to shell.
maybe we need a founction like "hk.DoDefaultAction" or "hk.CancelCatch"(stop catch the keypress event of the hardware keys.)

konisek

Licensed User
Longtime User
After using HardKeyPressed I cannot move cursor to the left in a textbox while pressing the HW button LEFT. How can I do it?

B4X:
Sub hk_HardKeyPressed
Select hk.KeyPressed
Case hk.KeyEnter [I]'action while pressing ENTER[/I]
   'do something
Case hk.KeyLeft [I]'action while pressing LEFT[/I]
   'move cursor to the left
   TextBox3.Focus
   [B][COLOR="Blue"]MOVE CURSOR TO THE LEFT[/COLOR][/B]
End select
End Sub

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You can do it that way:
B4X:
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]TextBox1.Focus[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]If[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] TextBox1.SelectionStart>[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]0[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Then[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]  TextBox1.SelectionStart=TextBox1.SelectionStart-[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]1[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]End[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]If[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Best regards.

konisek

Licensed User
Longtime User
Super, it works great. I just thought there was a code like
B4X:
hk1.KeyPress(asc("A")) 'Writes a
even for cursor "move left".
But cannot use it for "move up" or "move down".
Thanx anyway.
L.

Last edited: