Wish Sorting Subs by Name within Regions

Jmu5667

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi @Erel

I have mention this before and would really love you to consider the following:

In any type of code module if your right click and bring up the menu have a new item called,

upload_2015-9-18_11-5-1.png

When you select his the following would pop up

upload_2015-9-18_11-5-37.png

The above is from MZ-Tools for vb6 IDE. By clicking any of the column headers it would sort the code module either in ascending or descending order.

If in the module there are regions, it would sort the regions first then the subs within the region.

Thanks for reading this.

Regards

John.

P.s

If it possible for developers to create plugins for the B4X IDE, if so we could create a community developer toolkit. I am sure we all have idea's for things we would love to see in the IDE, but since you have a massive amount of work in what you are currently doing, this approach may be helpful for everyone, if it is at all possible.

J.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Any additional tool can be useful and this also.

But I much prefer to group the Regions so I will have a few routines within each Region and then I will have no need to order the routines by name.

Even routines you listed are few; anyway, I will divide them in:

#Region + Files functions
Sub is_directory
Sub is_file
Sub makeShortPath
#End Region

#Region + Pseudo properties
Sub SetBackcolorToolbar
Sub SetBackColorStatusbar
#End Region

For this reason, I would prefer that the window which lists Modules and Routines display also Regions (this would be even better if the Regions contained Routines, but I suppose that there is some technical problem to create a tree view in that window :eek:, given that the Routines are not displayed within the selected Module but listed below).

P.S. you could also use two big "external" Regions:

#Region + Public methods
#End Region

#Region + Private methods
#End Region

Last edited:

Jmu5667

Licensed User
Longtime User
Any additional tool can be useful and this also.

But I much prefer to group the Regions so I will have a few routines within each Region and then I will have no need to order the routines by name.

Even routines you listed are few; anyway, I will divide them in:

#Region + Files functions
Sub is_directory
Sub is_file
Sub makeShortPath
#End Region

#Region + Pseudo properties
Sub SetBackcolorToolbar
Sub SetBackColorStatusbar
#End Region

For this reason, I would prefer that the window which lists Modules and Routines display also Regions (this would be even better if the Regions contained Routines, but I suppose that there is some technical problem to create a tree view in that window :eek:, given that the Routines are not displayed within the selected Module but listed below).

P.S. you could also use two big "external" Regions:

#Region + Public methods
#End Region

#Region + Private methods
#End Region

sorry, i forgot to mention the screen grabs are from MZ-tools for vb6 ide. I just want to sort the subs.

Thanks.