Spell checker seems unreliable?

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
For me the spell checker seems very hit and miss. I can write a post which seems corect with no speling errors when in fact there are lik this one where you can see that I have missplet 'spelling' and 'correct' and 'missplet' but they are not indicating an error as I am completing and posting this message.

Now that I have pressed edit and placed the cursor in the edit window the errors are now being indicated. I have corrected one error and the entire line above is now red underlined in its entirety as I am typing this one! This spelling checker is, I'm afraid, useless as it is seriously broken :( Perhaps whatever is the meant to trigger to re-evalute the spelling is not always being activated when it should be.

Erel

Administrator
Staff member
Licensed User
Doesn't happen here with Firefox. Which browser are you using?

Obviously this is not something that is configurable.

Erel

Administrator
Staff member
Licensed User
When Xenforo 2.0 beta was released I had a similar issue and reported it to Xenforo. It was two years ago.

It now works bettar for me :)

AnandGupta

Licensed User
FireFox here too. And the screen shot I posted in previous message is from it and shows the problem.
I have found that, if we correct a underlined wrong word, then whole line gets underlined. But its removed once you press Enter on that line.
So it is temporary.

Regards,

Anand

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Spelling check? I have never seen it (Firefox).

But probably because I never make mistakes 😂

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
1578827825085.png

Nice, on Chrome (wrong?) it works. I'm starting to think to use it as my default browser, now :D
(maybe 😂)

Um... I have to test also the italian Forum.