Android Question spinner background color on huawei

rboeck

Licensed User
Longtime User
Huawei.jpg I use a spinner on an android layout and have changed the background color. It works, but only on (some) huawei phones i get the effect, that only the with text filled part has this color, the rest is in white. On all other mobiles i have checked the whole control is filled with the back color.
What can i change? Current targeSdkVersion=28, theme= holo.light

Last edited:

rboeck

Licensed User
Longtime User
Strange result as side effect - i had this line in my manifest:
SetActivityAttribute(Main, android:theme, "@android:style/Theme.Holo.NoActionBar")

and changed it to:
SetActivityAttribute(Main, android:theme, "@android:style/Theme.Material.NoActionBar")

I also use SplashFade 1.02 as library to show a starting picture. When using material theme, i see the buttons from the layout behind in front of the splash screen, so my flash screen is partially destroyed. Switching back to holo theme my design works like i designed it.

Upvote 0

rboeck

Licensed User
Longtime User
My design is based on NoTitleBar and NoActionBar - so i changed the word holo to material; when i remove both lines my current layout is destroyed.

B4X:
SetActivityAttribute(Main, android:theme, "@android:style/Theme.NoTitleBar.Fullscreen")
SetActivityAttribute(Main, android:theme, "@android:style/Theme.Material.NoActionBar")

I got the new problem after your suggested change, i dont unterstand, how to change the theme without destroying my current layout.

Finaly i changed from splash screen library to a panel using SetVisibleanimated and it works. Thanks!

Last edited:
Upvote 0