Share My Creation Sprite Animation in Live Walpaper

I was playing around with Erel's fantastic new LiveWallpaper library and example, and came up with a code snippet to add sprite animation to LiveWallpaper. The screen shots show a margarita glass emptying (the sprite animation} and 2 rotating logos (rotating bitmap). This code was developed for 800x480 pad, but can be modified for different screen. The zip file is also included with the code example which also contains Erel's code somewhat modified. Hopefully it all works and the comments are inclusive.

Attachments

• LiveWallpaperAnimation.zip
    8.1 KB · Views: 808
  • ani3.jpg
    ani3.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 6,550
  • ani1.jpg
    ani1.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 581

Tom Christman

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Erel. Hopefully this zip has it all. I downloaded it with no problem. Let me know. Tom

Attachments

• LiveWallPaperAnimation2.zip
    27.4 KB · Views: 519

grobi71

Licensed User
Longtime User
Smiley.jpg

Hallo Tom,

really nice, but:
i think you put the wrong Smiley4 into the zip. You have a JPG in the zip file, but Smiley4.png declared in the Source.

@Erel
is it possible to draw a background picture in the live wallpaper that is not destroyed after moving something in the front ?

Grobi71

Last edited:

Tom Christman

Licensed User
Longtime User
:sign0013:You're correct Grobi71....Thanks for pointing that out. I have corrected that in this version.

Attachments

• LiveWallPaperAnimation3.zip
    41.7 KB · Views: 611

magarcan

Licensed User
Longtime User
:sign0013:You're correct Grobi71....Thanks for pointing that out. I have corrected that in this version.
This doesn't work for me:
Compiling code. 0.17
Using existing AndroidManifest.xml.
(Project - Do Not Overwrite Manifest option is checked)
AndroidManifest-Example.xml file will be created instead.
Generating R file. Error
AndroidManifest.xml:34: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'resource' with value '@xml/wallpaper').

Tom Christman

Licensed User
Longtime User
Users who download this project should set objects\res\xml\wallpaper.xml to be readonly before running it. Did you do this?
If not download the zip again.

Tom Christman

Licensed User
Longtime User
As Erel pointed out in his post to the original Thread, "Users who download this project should set objects\res\xml\wallpaper.xml to be readonly before running it." Perhaps this is the problem. Re loading the zip file and setting wallpaper.xml to readonly before running should take care of it