iOS Question SQL Database Encryption Key

Darren69

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

I have been looking around for the answer, but could not so here is a new question.

I have a SQL Lite Database that uses an encryption Key to stop the database from being viewable in a database viewer. I have been using an unencrypted version in my mobile apps because I think its harder to pull that information from the device (I could be wrong) but due to the way Apple insist on re approving an application when its updated it means even a small database change needs to go and be re approved by apple which takes 10 days. I thought of a way around this by just having the app go and grab the latest version of the database, but this means having the unencrypted version available somewhere.

in my desktop versions I am able to use the SQL.EncryptionKey to tell the my program what the encryption key is. Is there something similar in B4I I can use?

Thanks

Darren

Darren69

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Erel, the whole database is encrypted, but I less worried about that at the moment as i bang my head against a wall trying to make push notifications work - expect a new thread soon ;)

Upvote 0