Android Question SQL JOIN and multiple ORDER BY

dexMilano

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello all,
I compose this SQL statement

"SELECT * FROM ACT_CUS_DATA JOIN ACTIVITIES USING ACTIVITY_ID WHERE CUS_VALUE >= 1339 ORDER BY CUS_VALUE DESC, CREATION_DATE ASC"

This statement has 2 features I'm using the first time
1) a [inner] Join
2) Sorting in different ways with different

I receive an error by the compiler saying
"... SqlException: near ACTIVITY_ID syntax error (code 1) ...."
but I'm not able to identify the issue.
The name of fields and tables seems to be ok.
I've also checked the statement with a couple of SQLite tutorial (here my reference)
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Any suggestion will be welcome.
Thanks in advance

Corrado

BTW
Not easy to extract this information, I had to manually type them.
Is there a smarter way to do it?

Mahares

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You did not tell us which of the 2 tables has what fields and what is the common field for both tables. But since I am guessing which field belongs to what table, this should give you an idea: ACD is the alias for the ACT_CUS_DATA table, A is the alias for the ACTIVITIES table:
B4X:
txt= "SELECT * FROM ACT_CUS_DATA ACD INNER JOIN ACTIVITIES A ON ACD.ACTIVITY_ID=A.ACTIVITY_ID " _
& "WHERE ACD.CUS_VALUE >= 1339 ORDER BY ACD.CUS_VALUE DESC, ACD.CREATION_DATE"
Cursor1=SQL1.ExecQuery(txt)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Did you have a look at the OsenXPSuite? This Program is not free... But the SQLite Manager is Freeware.
Freeware
SQLite2009 Pro Enterprise Manager
SQLite2009 Pro Enterprise Manager is a freeware tool that enables you to manage your SQLite3 databases.

sqlite2007.jpg
Free Version (7 Mb )
Last Updated 2011.11.02
Engine version SQLite v3.7.9
Download Now!

Features:
  • Encryption Method is now compatible with wxSQLite3 (AES-128 bits) and SQLite3 ADO.NET Provider (RSA-MS Crypt)
  • Syntax Highlight
  • Hex Viewer
  • Dump database to SQL file format
  • Unicode Support
  • Blob/Image viewer
  • Built-in FTS3 Extention
  • Built-in LUA Programming Language
  • Encrypted database support
  • Export recordset into excel, csv, xml and html format
  • Import data from Ms Access / MS SQL server
  • Includes SQLite2009 Pro ODBC Driver
  • Includes Additional sqlite3 function (compress, decompress, crc32, md5, lua_exec, etc)
  • Transactions supported
  • Visual Query Builder
  • Includes the user-contributed extension-functions from http://www.sqlite.org/contrib.
    The new functions are: acos, asin, atan, atn2, atan2, acosh, asinh, atanh, difference, degrees, radians, cos, sin, tan, cot, cosh, sinh, tanh, coth, exp, log, log10, power, sign, sqrt, square, ceil, floor, pi, replicate, charindex, leftstr, rightstr, reverse, proper, padl, padr, padc, strfilter, and aggregates stdev, variance, mode, median, lower_quartile, upper_quartile.

Upvote 0

dexMilano

Licensed User
Longtime User
You did not tell us which of the 2 tables has what fields and what is the common field for both tables. But since I am guessing which field belongs to what table, this should give you an idea: ACD is the alias for the ACT_CUS_DATA table, A is the alias for the ACTIVITIES table:
B4X:
txt= "SELECT * FROM ACT_CUS_DATA ACD INNER JOIN ACTIVITIES A ON ACD.ACTIVITY_ID=A.ACTIVITY_ID " _
& "WHERE ACD.CUS_VALUE >= 1339 ORDER BY ACD.CUS_VALUE DESC, ACD.CREATION_DATE"
Cursor1=SQL1.ExecQuery(txt)
Thanks Mahares,
your clue is correct and your intuition has been the right one.

Even if in this site I've found that there is a compatible clearer syntax, only the "INNER JOIN.." is accepted by the compiler.

This was the issue.

Thanks

Upvote 0