Share My Creation Squircle of Shame

My first published B4A app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.iprototypes.squircle

Very much a learning experience for me... and who knows, might make Android slightly better, if we get more apps with Adaptive Icons! ;-)

4 Feb 2022: Updated the post to show the original design, vs. how the app currently looks (with added features like search and refresh).

Attachments

• screenshot-1-png.88245.png
    screenshot-1-png.88245.png
    230.3 KB · Views: 555
  • Screenshot - 2.png
    Screenshot - 2.png
    217.9 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
What a great idea.
I installed your app, I sent a few emails and now I'm waiting for replies to my emails.

Your app is running smoothly, I had absolutely no issues using it whatsoever. Well a couple of my installed apps couldn't be found on the play store through your all, but the apps are there because I checked.

I'm leaving your 5 star feedback right now.

Cheers...

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Update,
I've already received a few replies, by far this is my favourite. This response is from the developer of the only SQLite database managing tool that I use on my Android devices.

"Thank you very much! Good to know that it helps. I will definitely check adaptive icon. But at this moment bit busy at work and newborn at home.
I have other pending enhancements half done for this app. Will give a new release in April."

So it looks like your app does in fact have an effect on the app developer(s).

Greg Breinholt

Licensed User
Longtime User
What a great idea.
I installed your app, I sent a few emails and now I'm waiting for replies to my emails.

Your app is running smoothly, I had absolutely no issues using it whatsoever. Well a couple of my installed apps couldn't be found on the play store through your all, but the apps are there because I checked.

I'm leaving your 5 star feedback right now.

Cheers...
Glad its working for you!

Greg Breinholt

Licensed User
Longtime User
Update,
I've already received a few replies, by far this is my favourite. This response is from the developer of the only SQLite database managing tool that I use on my Android devices.

"Thank you very much! Good to know that it helps. I will definitely check adaptive icon. But at this moment bit busy at work and newborn at home.
I have other pending enhancements half done for this app. Will give a new release in April."

So it looks like your app does in fact have an effect on the app developer(s).
That's great to hear! :)

Derek Johnson

Licensed User
Longtime User
a couple of my installed apps couldn't be found on the play store through your app, but the apps are there because I checked.

I had the same issue, this happens when the app in question is not downloaded from the Play Store, (because it was installed from the development PC). When I checked on another device that had downloaded from the Store it found the app in question. Will now have to update it to avoid the Squircle of Shame!

Derek

Greg Breinholt

Licensed User
Longtime User
Since I last posted, I added Dark Theme support, Search, and very recently a choice of regular Hamburger menu or Navigation strip menu.

Attachments

• Screenshot - 4.png
    Screenshot - 4.png
    208.7 KB · Views: 177
  • Screenshot - 7.png
    Screenshot - 7.png
    111.1 KB · Views: 187
  • Screenshot - 8.png
    Screenshot - 8.png
    208.7 KB · Views: 176