Android Question SSL errors

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by nibbo, Jun 15, 2015.

1. nibbo

nibbo Active Member Licensed User

Not really a B4A problem as such.

My app uses a web-service to retrieve and upload data to a central database.
    This works most of the time but on the odd occasion the http job gets a certificate error.
    The certificates are OK and other users with other tablets can continue to use the service while one user is stuck. It is not always the same user / tablet and they do suddenly start working again for no apparent reason. I have checked the date and time on the tablet as I know this can cause certificate errors but it is correct.

Is there a way to 'ignore' the certificate error in the http job like you can if you log into a website and get the option to continue in a browser?

I know this is not a good idea but until I find out why it happens I can't leave the users out there with a dead app.

Or, if anyone has experienced other causes of this error I would love to know.

Many thanks in advance

2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

nibbo likes this.
  3. nibbo

Thanks Erel,
    A couple of quick questions though...
    Will this make the connection to the web service insecure or will there still be some level of encryption?
    Where can I find the latest version of the source? The only one I can find does not seem to match the link.

4. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

nibbo likes this.
  5. nibbo

Hi Erel. I have this version working with the amended initialize method now.
    Many thanks for your assistance.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice