Android Tutorial StateManager - Helps managing Android applications settings and state

Status
Not open for further replies.

trueboss323

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is there a location where StateManager saves a data of all settings? So if a user change device, then it can restore all their previous configuration by loading the file. Or is there a better library for this?

Manolete

Licensed User
Hello Erel,
Is there a chance to delete the settings file sabed in File.DirInternal when the app is being uninstalled.
We have the problem that, when the user reinstall the App the old settings file comes up and this is not good for us.
We need to clear the settings everytime the app is uninstalled.

Thanks in advance.
Manuel

IslamQabel

Licensed User
Longtime User
The state manger is working good and save all data in EditText whether i press back or close the app but when i turned off my mobile and start it again....the data was lost ..i thought that the data will be saved permanently so how to save it permanently?

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm not sure but you can try...
When the activity is created we call: StateManager.RestoreState. The last parameter is the validity period for this state. The state will not be loaded if more than the specified minutes have passed. Pass 0 for an unlimited period.

otherwise...
Settings
Settings are the application configurable settings. These settings should be permanently kept.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…