Android Question Still alive?

Sebastjan

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hey there, i found B4A and i think is a great product. BUT... i have a question: i really would like to buy licence but now watching all stuff here i have a filing that somehow all is at standstill, no-one is commenting anything and so on? majority of the posts go in the year of 2012 - 13?

My only fear: is i always come last :D when i come to B4A all other users found new thing... :S hope not.
how is with upgrades, do owners of B4X make an effort with this products or is the project lagging back..?

Please comment, your thoughts..

giga

Licensed User
Longtime User
The forum and the product(s)are very much alive. Not sure where you are getting old 2012-13 posts. Erel is constantly coming up with tutorials, upgrades, libraries, classes and new products (B4I being the most recent). He logs into the forum multiple times daily and assists with all the questions along with many other forum members that can help you like.

Upvote 0

Sebastjan

Licensed User
Longtime User
So happy to hear this. :) .. sorry my comment wasn't meant as provocation or anything, i really went (so i thought) thru online part and all i checked was an older thread.
b4a - best software in years btw.. :)

cheers

Upvote 0

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm that confident with B4A that I've upgraded my licence well ahead of my current licence actually running out. This is fantastic software and the support is the best you will get anywhere.

Upvote 0

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm that confident with B4A that I've upgraded my licence well ahead of my current licence actually running out. This is fantastic software and the support is the best you will get anywhere.
B4A is still A L I V E. it is the best Android programming software i have found so far, i've tried Corona SDK, AppInventor etc... the only one that has allowed me to make real money is B4A.

Enough!

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The forum and the product(s)are very much alive.
This is fantastic software and the support is the best you will get anywhere.
And to talking about myself. I like the support in this community... I´m 2 years here in forum now... It must be alive; i did wrote 3823 posts in the last two years. And i got "a few" likes for my posts :)D). And i´m not the only one who writes here :)

Upvote 0

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello @Sebastjan,
Trust me when I say that the B4x forums especially the B4A forum is alive and kicking. Think about it this way, most users questions have already been asked and the answers have already been responded to in their posts. So why keep asking the same questions time and time again when all you have to do is search the forum by using the search box at the top of this website. As of right now there are 27,475 post with 156,237 responses. If a user can't find the answer in all those responses then that is the time to post a new question. You will find that some users asks questions (create new posts) even though their question has been answered elsewhere.then on top of that there are the hundreds of tutorials that Erel and contributors have created, then there are the libraries, there are thousands of libraries that have been posted for users to use by some really nice users.

So what I'm saying is that this particular forum (B4A) will not have hundreds and hundreds of new posts every single day asking questions, as most questions have already been asked and answered elsewhere in the forum, so why waste time creating a new post not unless you really have to.

Anyway if you do not join this awesome community, you will probably have to learn Java lol :p.

Oh BTW if you do not join us on here you will miss out on this (not released as yet but coming shortly)
SS-2015-05-07_18.12.53.png

And this (beta was released and it's working GRRRRRREAT)
SS-2015-04-21_18.06.05.png

oh and also this

BTW: Right now there are over 200 members and guests online, that's not too shabby at all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

giga

Licensed User
Longtime User
So happy to hear this. :) .. sorry my comment wasn't meant as provocation or anything, i really went (so i thought) thru online part and all i checked was an older thread.
b4a - best software in years btw.. :)

cheers

No worries, Welcome to the forum!! As you can see you posted your question yesterday at 5.51pm and within 24hrs you have already received responses from members that are in the forum Erel, DonManfred, RandomCoder, Peter Simpson, CableGuy and walterf25 to name a few....

Hell I hope these guys are alive!!:D

Upvote 0

Sebastjan

Licensed User
Longtime User
@Peter Simpson , @giga ...

Hey, this new / preview images and video looks really nice. :D, i was missing those variable values on pause...

i'm just 3rd day testing B4A and am missing few things (specially F1 for help), considering i was till now vb6 programer :S
never wanted to go to java as suggested here :D , even .net is ... well not the same as vb6.

i do like the idea of basic to be used to program for android and ios, i just never understood how and why this "android programming" is so complicated.

thank you guys for answers...

Upvote 0