1. *** New version of B4J is available ***
    B4J v7.8
    Dismiss Notice

Android Question Struggling to get Google Maps Working Again

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by dlfallen, Jul 27, 2019.

1. dlfallen

dlfallen Active Member Licensed User

My app worked fine before Google started requiring an API key. I am trying to update my program (GPSlog) so it will work properly again.

I think Erel's Google Maps Android V2 tutorial is pretty clear except I am having trouble getting google-play-services.jar so I can copy it to my libraries folder.

The tutorial says to use the IDE to access the SDK manager and download Google Play Services. When I run the SDK manager my screen is nothing like Erel's screen shot. I get a list of installed packages and when I search on play-services I get a list of all packages by that name. I selected and installed every package with play-services in the name but still do not have the google-play-services.jar on my computer.

What am I missing here?

2. DonManfred

DonManfred Expert Licensed User

Really? WHERE?
    https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/google-maps.63930/
    - How is you SDK Mnager looking? Post a Screenshot.
    - Which Version of B4A are you using? Note that the newest Version is 9.3. I just want to make sure you are using a recent version. The Android SDK has changed in the last years. The old SDK Manager is deprecated.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
  3. dlfallen

Version 8.00
    Attached is screenshot.[​IMG]

4. dlfallen

I just realized I was following an out-of-date tutorial. This happened because when I searched on "google maps" two B4A Tutorials popped up:
    Google Maps
    Google Maps Android V2 Tutorial

I assumed the second was the latest when in fact is was posted in 2012 whereas the former was posted in 2016.

I'll try that approach and let you know where I have difficulties. Thanks.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice