Success - Porting B4A application to Blackberry Playbook

tboyd1120

Licensed User
Longtime User
I finished an application for Android about a month ago with B4A, The only problem I had was that I did not even own an Android phone or tablet. The application was one I had created for a PALM TX and I had used it for many years. I acquired a Blackberry Playbook and decided if I could port my applications from the Palm over to the PB I could get rid of the Palm TX. I got a copy of Basic4Android and started building my application. I finished my application about a month ago and had my compiled "apx" file ready for PB android support. Yesterday I loaded my android.apx file in the Blackberry PB Online tool and it reported that my application ICON was to small. This morning I re-sized my icon and re-compliled and ran it through the Online tool and it reported my application was compatable with the Playbook android runtime. I side loaded my file to my playbook but I had to restart my PB to get it to run. Once I got it restarted my application started up and ran perfectly. I now need to do some cosmetics to fit the Playbook screen a little better, but the application run perfectly on the Blackberry Playbook with OS2 Beta. From Android APX file to Playbook BAR file was rather easy. SUCCESS

schimanski

Licensed User
Longtime User
Jo, very much thanks. I doesn't know this. I will try...

Gesendet von meinem XT910 mit Tapatalk 2

Upvote 0

androidvh

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello...

two month ago I ported my app to Blackberry 10 and it runs fine.
Now I got an error:

Your application is not compatible with the BlackBerry® Runtime for Android™ Apps.
Your application uses a feature which is incompatible with the current version of the BlackBerry® Runtime for Android™ Apps. We recommend that you download the BlackBerry® Plug-in for ADT to test your application and remove features as required.

You can also convert your app using the BlackBerry Plug-in for Android Development Tools. This tool allows you to convert your app within your Eclipse development environment, where you can modify your app to improve its compatibility if you choose to.
Minor incompatibilities found
Severe incompatibilities found
BlackBerry PlayBook incompatibilities found
Contact me when these features are supported.
Email Ok
Impact Reason
3 (anywheresoftware/b4a/objects/RemoteViewsWrapper.java:194) uses package: android.appwidget
3 (anywheresoftware/b4a/objects/RemoteViewsWrapper.java:194) uses package: android.appwidget
any idea ?

Kind regards
Volker

Upvote 0

CidTek

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello...

Impact Reason
any idea ?

Have you read the Blackberry developer blogs for Android runtime api support?

http://developer.blackberry.com/android/apisupport/

Upvote 0

androidvh

Licensed User
Longtime User
Dear members,

in SDK I use Level API10, I also try it with Level API17
there is no widget in my application
I test it with a very very simple apk (only panels)
always the same error

please need a tip....

Kind regards Volker

Upvote 0

CidTek

Licensed User
Longtime User
Dear members,

in SDK I use Level API10, I also try it with Level API17
there is no widget in my application
I test it with a very very simple apk (only panels)
always the same error

please need a tip....

Kind regards Volker

Zip up your simple project and post it . I'll convert it to a .bar and see if i can load it on my PB.

Upvote 0

CidTek

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hallo CidTek,

here is the sample code.

kind regards Volker

I had no issues when making a .bar file with your sample. I do not use the online packaging tool but instead I used the "Blackberry Tablet OS Graphical Aid" tool which will create debug tokens, install debug tokens, build bar files and install bar files to a device (tablet and OS10 phones).

Upvote 0