iOS Question sudden problem compiling code

abarnett

Licensed User
Longtime User
Not sure what has happened, but I went to recompile and old program (3 months old) and now getting this problem.

error: Provisioning profile "iBloxDev" doesn't include signing certificate "iPhone Developer: xxxxx (yyyyyyy)". (in target 'B4iProject').

I have renewed hosted subscription and profiles in case they were expired.

Any clues where to look

emexes

Expert
Licensed User
I am no expert, I just know that when switching between development compiles and App Store compiles, I have to change both Project, Build Configuration and Tools, Configure Paths, Keys Folder ('cause I was so confused in the early days about which key file was being used, that I put each key file in its own folder). So I thought maybe you'd used the wrong combination, but I tried to reproduce your error, and couldn't.

So all I can offer is this Google search for "provisioning profile" and "include signing certificate" and perhaps this post from someone with the same error message.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Or perhaps this poor man's substitute for a forum search for the same two error phrases.
No need to use Google. There is a very good and customized search engine in this forum.

This error means that the provision profile and the certificate file do not match. The simplest way to solve it is to delete both and download the correct ones again.

Upvote 0

emexes

Expert
Licensed User
No need to use Google. There is a very good and customized search engine in this forum.
Agreed, and it is always my first port of call and I am often pleasantly surprised. But it does not seem to search for specific phrases, which is what was needed here to easily find references to the error message amongst all the more general posts about App Store provisioning and signing.

Google is my second port of call, mostly for searching on phrases, and less often for exclusions eg -"android studio" (can't think of a good example out of the blue, and my memory's not what it used to be). Perhaps there is some way to do those in the B4X forum search and I just haven't discovered it.

https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/advanced-forum-search.57219/#post-365400

Upvote 0

abarnett

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Erel and everyone else. Found the problem. The dev profile when i regenerated it was AdHoc and not a development profile so removed it a recreated. Now All ok.

Last edited:
Upvote 0